Karen Over-Gall is Christi’s randomly selected winner. Karen, I’ll email you, but if you see this before I get to contact you, email me at email@example.com with your address (if in the U.S or Canada) or your preferred ereader if outside the US/Canada.
Hi Jaunty readers!
My son sent me this photo the other day. His sister was visiting him at university and they’d spotted this and it reminded them of me. Haha! Right?! Moms out there you know how much you love your kids and how cruel it is that the reward for doing a good job raising them is that they are functioning adults who really don’t need you all the time. I mean great, that was the goal since they were born but they could be a little more understanding that sometimes mom just needs a little extra love.
We are moving house this week and so my son had to come home for the weekend to pack up his room and as he worked on things I got some of that extra love I wanted. Both of my kids kept coming to find with old pictures of them when they were little, posters they’d made as kids (Coco was student of the week!) and stories they’d written. Then the best part was when we had packed up Lucas’s entire room, he said let’s all rest for a few minutes. We all climbed on the bed, lying down with our feet propped up on the wall. I was sandwiched in the middle with both of them on either side of me and I wanted to grab them close and hold them there forever. Just like I could do when they were little. It was better than a knitted look-alike doll could ever be.
I got my fix in while they were both home and I think I’m good until next month when my baby will be turning 19 and I’ll see him again.
What about you? What’s the best part about your favorite kids? Also on a side note can any of you knit me versions of my kids? I’m not really a knitter.
Congratulations, Glenda! You’re the winner of my People-Watching for Fun and Profit giveaway! If you’ll email me privately at KOBrien@aol.com, I’ll get your $10 Amazon gift certificate out to you ASAP.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
is Joye! Thanks so much, Joye, for commenting and sharing your feelings about the best of Christmas–and what we’ll miss most. If you’ll email me privately at KOBrien@aol.com, I’ll get the gift certificate out asap!
Thanks, too, to all who offered ideas and thoughts about how to keep Christmas alive in the new year. I know I’ll be using a lot of them. <3 I would have responded personally to each of the great posts, but we’ve had an illness in the family, and I’m a little scattered right now. Please know how much I loved them all!
Happy New Year! I love this month. Though if I’m totally honest I love most months. Can’t think of one that I don’t.
Here are Five Favorites for January.
- Water. Silly, right?! But over the holidays I’ve been drinking Christmas coffee, Christmas tea, lots of wine, mulled wine, and anything else festive that I can only get during the holidays. So my body is really craving water. I have this cute little stamp for my planner that helps me keep track of my hydration. Coco is doing this with me and we had a laugh about how often all that water motivations us to get up and go to the bathroom.
- On-The-Go boots. I know weather might not be to everyone’s liking, but I really enjoy bundling up and going outside when it’s brisk and blustery. At first, this Florida Girl, wasn’t too happy with the weather in the UK but I’ve adapted and I got these cool new boots for Christmas that have extra cushion on the inside and are faux-fur lined. I love them. I’m even managing to get out of the house and walk almost daily.
- Television series binge watching. That was a mouthful! But most of our television shows aren’t airing new episodes right now so we have been catching up and binge watching series we like but missed. For me it’s THE LIBRARIANS. Do you guys watch that? If not you should check it out. Another much darker series that I highly recommend is JESSICA JONES.
- Goal Setting. This is something that I can do at any time of the year, but in January I seem to really be motivated to get my goals checked off. I started a new book on January 4th and have been working at my goal of writing everyday. I love the way the story unfolds and I am enjoying the writing process so much. The new series for Blaze is called Space Cowboys and it combines two of my loves: hot, sexy cowboys and space. A side note here: when I was growing up we used to have this “School Years” books that we were supposed to record each year’s memories on the different pages and on the back were these boxes for the GIRLS (teacher, nurse, housewife) and the BOYS (astronaut, and two more I can’t remember). I always crossed off the word BOYS and checked astronaut. Who wanted to be a teacher or nurse when you could go to space!
- No mistakes. The best part of a new year is that it is new. I haven’t made any of the big mistakes which I will later label as learning experiences. Right now I’m doing everything I want to do every day. That’s not to say things are perfect…they aren’t, but I feel really good about what I’m doing and why.
- This is honorary one…my baby’s sister was on January 4th and that is always one of my favorites. I used to try to carry her around everywhere and given that I’m only 3 years older that her wasn’t very easy!
That’s it! My five for January. What about you? Any of these speak to you? What’s you favorite part of the new year?