They say it’s always best to leave a party when you’re still having fun. Sage advice, but not always easy to take. That’s how I feel about closing the blog next month. I have a lump in my throat even as I’m typing. The eight years that I’ve been part of the Sisterhood of the Jaunty Quills have been so much fun. When I think about leaving this party, my gut reaction is NO! I’m not ready to go. Alas, since Jaunty will turn off the lights one month from today, it’s time to start winding down.
This is not my final goodbye; it’s a prequel…and it has me thinking of all the reasons I love this blog. I’d like to share my top five:
- We’re an eclectic bunch! We come from all walks of life, several different generations, and from countries all over the world (India, France, Iceland, The Netherlands, Canada, and many states in the USA, to name a few).
- We’ve discussed a wide range of topics: everything from birth, death, empty nests, and weddings, to what we would bring to a virtual cocktail party. We’ve exchanged recipes, cheered each other up and cheered each other on. Whenever I’ve had something exciting or unexpected happen, I’ve always been eager to share it with you. I’m going to miss that a lot.
- It’s been a safe haven to share our secrets, absent of judgment and intolerance. We really are a kind bunch – probably because we’re romance readers and writers. Even so, our differences are what make this community so wonderful. We’ve shared our experiences about true love and first kisses. We’ve offered each other advice about how to deal with bullies and unfaithful friends. We’ve even confessed our most embarrassing moments and our guilty pleasures.
- I’ve learned from you, Dear Readers. You’ve taken time out of your busy lives to comment on our posts, answering our questions and offering sage advice. I’ll always appreciate that.
- Finally, my number one favorite thing about being part of the Sisterhood of the Jaunty Quills is it’s given me a chance to meet YOU! Please promise me we’ll keep in touch. One of the best ways to do that is by signing up for my newsletter. I send it out about four-six times a year. So, I promise not to flood your inbox. I offer my newsletter subscribers special perks. They get first peak at my new covers and sample chapters to read before everyone else. I offer recipes and other subscriber-only benefits, like the current contest where one subscriber will win this adorable crocheted candy corn Halloween banner.
Would you like to win it? Subscribe to my newsletter for a chance. You can sign up one of three ways:
- Hop over to my Nancy Robards Thompson Books Facebook page and click the button that says “Get My Newsletter.”
- Go to my website. On the top right side of the “Contact” page you’ll see a box that says “Sign up for my mailing list.”
- Or simply email me your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will add you.
As always, if you’ve already signed up, I appreciate it very much and you’re automatically entered to win every prize I offer. The candy corn banner winner will be announced on Monday, October 24. Just in time for you to receive it for Halloween. Good luck!