Katherine Garbera
Katherine Garbera

Katherine Garbera

images-49

I’m having a bit of an off day.  Both of my kids have returned to their adult lives (one at University, the other to her job back in Florida), my parents just left after a month long visit and it’s too quiet in my house.  So I decided to think of five things for fall that I am excited about.

1. Fall colours.  I’ve always just loved the way green leaves fade to orange, red and gold in fall.  Growing up in Florida there wasn’t a lot of that so it still seems magical to me.

2. Hot chocolate.  I am crazy for hot chocolate and usually make mine from some sort of powdered mix and then doctor it up with whipped cream, marshmallows and festive sprinkles.

3. New television shows.  In the US the new TV season might have already started but in the UK it is just kicking off and some shows are trickling in from the US.  I’m currently addicted to Great British Bake Off (don’t get me started on how upset I am about it leaving BBC2). I binged on Luke Cage–loved it! And am looking forward to a return of my current favorites – The Flash, The Goldbergs and Once Upon A Time.

4. Decorating my home.  Fall just seems like the time to make all the rooms a little bit cosier.  I can’t go to the grocery store without bringing home at least 2 pumpkins in different sizes.  I’ve already changed the cushions on my couch and have added a few more blankets and comforters to the beds.

5. Cosy clothes.  I’m happily wearing big, fluffy sweaters and leggings with my favorite boots today since the weather is in the upper 50s.

Tell me your favorite thing about Fall and I’ll enter you to win a copy of my latest release NO LIMITS and a Cheryl’s Cookie Card.

24 thoughts on “Top Five For Fall

1. Look at you with your British spelling, Katherine! I’m with you on everything except hot chocolate, which I really only like in theory.

1. Kristan;

Spelling is about as close as I get to British! What about Baileys? Do you like that on a Fall evening?

2. Dawn A says:

I am a big fan of wearing big sweatshirts on a cold night and sitting around a bonfire. Usually with a nice beverage in hand.
    I already have the book, so no need to enter me in the drawing.

1. Dawn A;

I love bonfires. In the UK they have bonfire night in November and I’m looking forward to that! We used to have a bonfire at my high school. during homecoming week in Auburndale which was tons of fun. 🙂 Thanks for reading the book, if you win, I’ll send you a different one.

3. ruth says:

Apple picking which I look forward to every year. Delightful experience.

1. Ruth;

I’ve only been apple picking once when my kids were little and it was so much fun.

4. Pearl says:

Walks which are invigorating.

1. Pearl;

Love walks. My hubby and I have been going for a long walk into town on the weekends. 🙂

5. Jan Jackson says:

Hi Kathy! Here in FL, we just survived Hurricane Matthew and it’s still in the mid-eighties during the day. Finally made it into the sixties at night. =) I’m ready for a cold front! Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the smells, the decorations, the candy, and the cool weather. As a child, I knew it meant time for the annual rodeo in Pierson, and the Fair in DeLand. Both favorites. And I was always a vampire for Halloween. Not cold enough for hot chocolate or sweaters yet, but I am ready! Miss you, my friend!

1. Jan;

I miss you too! I am glad to hear that you survived Hurricane Matthew I was anxiously waiting to see that all of my friends were okay. I can totally see you as a vampire for Halloween. 🙂

6. Lexi Eddings Lexi Eddings says:

Needing to pull on a nice soft sweater is an early fall joy! Picking up walnuts that lay on the lawn waiting for the mower to toss them like so much shrapnel…not so much.

1. Lexi;

I’m so jealous that you have a walnut tree, hugs on having to pick them up before mowing. I also am not a fan of raking leaves after they fall but love seeing them. 🙂

7. Denise says:

Cool,crisp air. Fall colors. Spicy scents. College football. Sweaters. Thanksgiving. My birthday. I love Autumn.

8. catslady5@aol.com says:

We have a pumpkin carving party every year – lots of fun. The oldest will be my mom at 94 and my nephew’s son at 4!

9. Kate Sparks says:

College football tailgating, changing leaf colors, humidity drop in Midwest, cider/apples, and fire pits!

10. elaina says:

Beautiful sunsets and bright days.

11. Charlene Whitehouse says:

Mine would be the trees when they are mixed red, orange and yellow. Hot tea. Hot cocoa and pumpkin spice coffee.

12. sharon says:

Apple picking, apple cake, applesauce and the beauty of the season.

13. LSUReader says:

Several things I enjoy in the fall: football, cooler temperatures, Halloween, apples. Thanks for a fun post.

14. Eileen A-W says:

I love seeing the changing colors. The smell of leaves burning, although it’s illegal. Being able to wear warmer clothes and my slippers. Hot chocolate, soup, and chili. Going to the apple orchard to get apples. Driving along the river to see the colors on the hills.

15. Julie-ann Ford says:

Leaves changing colors, new tv shows, cooler temperatures, new book releases and bonfires.

16. Annette Naish says:

1. Foortball – all kinds –
    2. Hockey will start shortly
    3. The sunlight – the earth has tilted in such a way that the sunlight becomes more golden. Everything looks as though it is a treasure.
    4. Here in Texas, we do not generally have changing leaves etc… Live Oaks and Mesquite stay pretty much the same, but some trees do change color in November or so.
    5. Outside temperatures lower to a point where human beings can actually walk outside and not become a grease spot on the sidewalk

17. Beth B. says:

I love the fall colors, apples, cool crisp days & evenings to curl up w/ a book & a cup of hot chocolate or coffee us a must!!