I’m having a bit of an off day. Both of my kids have returned to their adult lives (one at University, the other to her job back in Florida), my parents just left after a month long visit and it’s too quiet in my house. So I decided to think of five things for fall that I am excited about.
1. Fall colours. I’ve always just loved the way green leaves fade to orange, red and gold in fall. Growing up in Florida there wasn’t a lot of that so it still seems magical to me.
2. Hot chocolate. I am crazy for hot chocolate and usually make mine from some sort of powdered mix and then doctor it up with whipped cream, marshmallows and festive sprinkles.
3. New television shows. In the US the new TV season might have already started but in the UK it is just kicking off and some shows are trickling in from the US. I’m currently addicted to Great British Bake Off (don’t get me started on how upset I am about it leaving BBC2). I binged on Luke Cage–loved it! And am looking forward to a return of my current favorites – The Flash, The Goldbergs and Once Upon A Time.
4. Decorating my home. Fall just seems like the time to make all the rooms a little bit cosier. I can’t go to the grocery store without bringing home at least 2 pumpkins in different sizes. I’ve already changed the cushions on my couch and have added a few more blankets and comforters to the beds.
5. Cosy clothes. I’m happily wearing big, fluffy sweaters and leggings with my favorite boots today since the weather is in the upper 50s.
Tell me your favorite thing about Fall and I’ll enter you to win a copy of my latest release NO LIMITS and a Cheryl’s Cookie Card.