Cindy Kirk
Cindy Kirk

Jaunty Post

Summer in Good Hope- cvr

Summer in Good Hope, a book I dearly love, is on sale through the end of September. This means the sale ends in four days.  I enjoy Facebook and Twitter and during the past month I’ve tweeted this fabulous deal as well as posted several fun memes on Facebook advising of this great price.

I know how it is to be super busy with life, to lose track of time and pull out a coupon only to find that it expired weeks ago.  I know what it’s like to plan to buy some packages of Keurig coffee pods on my favorite type of sale, the “2 for 1,” only to discover that particular pricing ended the day before. 🙁

coffee

That’s why I’d really like to remind my readers, friends, strangers AGAIN that my book is on sale for $1.99 (less than a Starbucks cup of coffee) through September 30…but I don’t want to appear pushy.   I’ve never been one who likes the hard sell.  I figure people buy what they want to buy and that’s the way it is.

But then, I think of those expired coupons and the 2 for 1 sale that I missed and I wonder if one more reminder is really too much?

What do you think?  Have you ever been in a position when a “reminder” from a friend started to feel like a hard sell?

I had a friend whose daughter started selling those expensive knives…and she kept reminding me how fabulous they were and encouraging me to give her daughter a call.  When did it start feeling like a hard sell?  I’d say…after the second reminder…

11 thoughts on “A Delicate Balance…

I hate when a sale ends the day before I need to buy something. Thanks for the reminder, Cindy!

2. Lorelei says:

Oh! Sharing now! 😁I love reminders, especially of good things we don’t want to miss! General and public reminders are fine, I love not missing a deal. Sometimes social media hides posts or disappear from your feed. Thanks for the reminder!

3. Dawn A says:

I always seem to miss out on those coupon deals too. I used to have the time to plan my store runs so I could always use them, now, not so much.
    As for the hard sell thing, I think second reminder too!

4. Lisa Hutson says:

We have all been there. But the line is blurry, isn’t it? But I don’t think this reminder is going over the line.

5. Amy says:

I need the reminders, because I miss good sales all the time when left to my own remembering.

6. Lexi Eddings Lexi Eddings says:

I think one of the reasons we authors worry about this is that we really don’t feel comfortable being put in the position of having to market our work. I know I don’t like it. Of course, I love my books and want as many people as possible to discover them, but I don’t think my cyber-jumping up and down is the right way to go. It feels desperate. However, YOU are offering a great price on your book and it’s always easier to offer folks a special deal. Who doesn’t love a bargain? A gentle reminder in that case is perfectly fine–appreciated even!

7. Kate Sparks says:

Oh the savings I’ve missed… Then again, the money I’ve saved by rethinking a purchase. But then I’m retired and don’t purchase much but books..

8. catslady5@aol.com says:

I don’t mind a reminder or two.

9. Julie-ann Ford says:

I don’t mind reminders but I dislike hard sells. I had a friend who was selling Tupperware and evidently not making her quota because she kept hounding me to buy. When I told her that I had more Tupperware than I need, she got really ticked off and basically ended the friendship. Not a loss.

10. Eileen A-W says:

There are two things about book sales that bother me. When I’ve already bought it at a higher price or when the sale is over before I can buy it. Amazon reminded me that I already own this book. But I have no idea how much I paid for it. Oh well!! It’s in the tbr queue

11. Lorelei says:

It just Happened! My Redbox coupon *ROGO free* expired yesterday-of course! 😲 Going to share one last time your book deal! At least someone deserves to get a bargain today! ☺️