Have you had a bad day? Feeling the September blues, like me? Can’t seem to snap out of it? Fear not! Help is on the way in the form of Kristan’s Guaranteed Mood Boosters!
- Pick yourself some flowers, stick them in a vase or jar and voila! Prettiness ensues. Don’t have a garden? That’s what florists, farm markets, corner delis and grocery stores are for, people! Buy a few stems and treat yourself.
- Line dry your sheets. Trust your Auntie Kristan. It’s worth the effort. The smell of line-dried laundry is heavenly. Plus, you’re saving the earth by not running your dryer, so good on you!
- Take a nap. Did you know that naps have the same mood-boosting abilities as, um, happy drugs? Okay, I just made that up, but it seems to be true. Also, most of us don’t get enough sleep. Naps are proven to boost creativity, keep you healthier and make you feel deliciously indulgent. Go ahead. Snooze.
- Borrow someone’s baby. (Note: Only with permission!) Babies are great. They smell nice (mostly). They can be charmed by holding a piece of grass. Look into those beautiful baby eyes. Smile. Repeat. Come on, now. Isn’t that the best feeling ever?
- Lie on the grass and look at the sky. People, I’m telling you, it’s impossible to feel too down if you do this. We are all creatures of the earth. It’s good to visit our mother once in a while.
What are some of your guaranteed mood boosters? I’ll send one commenter a $10 Dunkin Donuts gift card, because guess what? Coffee with whipped cream is also proven to lift a mood. Ditto a tasty donut. : )