Nancy Robards Thompson
Nancy Robards Thompson

Nancy Robards Thompson

hello-september

Fall is just around the corner. I can’t wait. It’s my favorite season. It still feels like summer outside — and it probably will until well into October — because I live in Florida, but I know fall is coming. This meme pretty much sums up why I love it:

reasons-why-fall-is-1

Here are three more things I’m excited about:

1. The Norwegian and I are going to get away to the beach for a few days. I’ll be working because img_8203deadlines don’t take a vacation. I really don’t mind. There’s something about the laid back beach atmosphere and the sound of the waves hitting the sand that appeals to my muse. Here’s a picture I shot during last year’s beach getaway.
  2. I’m working on walking in a 5K later. Yes, walking. My 5k-walk_run1running days are behind me, but I can walk at a pretty good distance at a respectable clip. My family and I are going to do it together and it benefits a local charity. So, it a win-win no matter how you look at it.
  3. Do you love a bargain? I do. My book BEAUTY AND beauty-and-the-cowboy-1-summerfair_beautyandthecowboy_round2medium-672x1024-2THE COWBOY is free for a limited time! It’s a friends to lovers story and it’s the first book in Tule’s Meet Me at the Fair collection, which is part of the Montana Born series. I hope you’ll grab a copy. Can’t beat the price! You can get it HERE.

I’d love to know what’s your favorite season?

11 thoughts on “Hello September!

1. Sandi in OH says:

As happy as you are about fall arriving is as unhappy as I am about summer leaving. I’m a June baby born in California. My parents moved back to OH in December. Even at six months old I knew I didn’t like cold weather.

2. Amy says:

Fall is my absolute favorite. It is still hot here as well, but I can see a break in the heat soon. I bought my first mums of the season last week, since my other flower pots were pitiful looking. It doesn’t feel like fall to me until the pumpkin crop comes in.

3. Lorelei says:

I love the fall, too. The cinnamon smell is something that tells me fall is here, too. I really enjoy the beauty of what each season brings, even winter because herein florida we don’t get snow, so that’s a perk! I just started walking again with my friend Julie. She’s prepping for a marathon, I’m just doing it for my health. I will definitely get a copy! Thanks for letting us know!

4. Dawn A says:

Fall is my favorite season. The leaves change, it cools off, I can start wearing my sweatshirts and it’s the start of the holidays.

5. catslady5@aol.com says:

I have to go with Spring. After a cold winter, warmth and greenery are very welcome!

I wish September meant cooler weather. I have to wait for November for that. I do like pumpkin flavors, though!

7. My goodness, you’re optimistic, Nancy! As a fellow Floridian, I know we may not see really cool days till January! 🙂 But I loved that photo, and the meme, and of course I agree 100% about the bugs. UGH. Have fun at the beach… I hope everyone picks up your Beauty and the Cowboy, because it’s wonderful!

8. girlfromwva says:

I love Spring the best. Fall is #2 on my list (love when bugs return to hell!!! lol)

9. Eileen A-W says:

I love Fall. The changing colors in the leaves, although we already have some of that going on here in Minnesota. The cooler temperatures. The smells – burning leaves (which is illegal, but still), fireplaces, hot cider, pumpkin spices. Going to get apples from the apple orchard. Crunching leaves under my feet when I’m out walking.

10. Rochelle says:

I love Fall for all the reasons you mentioned and the dreamy picture. Unfortunately in Texas, its not that long of a season.

11. Kate Sparks says:

I enjoy the change of season, all of them. I love the drop in humidity in the fall, the snow of winter, spring flowers and then a lovely summer outside! By the time the end of the season comes, I’m sick of snow & ice, tired of rain, heat in the summer and the lawn work of yard prepping for winter!! PS thanks for the free book!!!