seeyou 2

Hey, gang! This was supposed to be a fabulous, bells & whistles release week post for my new VK Sykes book, SEE YOU AT SUNSET. You may have noticed that the cover at the top of the post is looking a bit truncated. Well, for some reason, all my images are getting cut in half, which is only one of the things that went wrong today.

Naturally, I suspect Jaunty, but he’s not answering any of my emails.

BREAKING NEWS: As you can see, my images are no longer wonky. Kristan apparently had a “little chat” with Jaunty, who finally got on the stick. Thank God!

Anyhoo, I was very well organized for my release, with time left over to work on a book that’s due next week. Then things started going a bit sideways, and all my well-laid plans fell apart.

Oh, well, that’s life! And I DO have a new book out, which is always exciting. SEE YOU AT SUNSET is book 3 in the Seashell Bay Series of  small town romances that I write with my hubby as VK Sykes. And I have to say, I love this book, which features a seriously hot deputy sheriff as the hero–a classic man’s man who is also a truly good guy. Absolutely my favorite type of hero! And if anyone deserves a happy ending, it’s Micah Lancaster.

Here’s the blurb:

DEEPER THAN ANY OCEAN…

All Holly Tyler wants is a fantastic career, a not-too-committed relationship, and a city where there are no painful memories. Instead, she’s called back to her hometown of Seashell Bay to help with her family’s struggling general store. It’s a town where everyone knows everyone, and where one man could sink Holly’s careful plans.

Deputy Sheriff Micah Lancaster has wanted Holly for as long as he can remember. He knows she has a life on the mainland-and a boyfriend-and that there’s no real future with her. But now Holly is back and the attraction still flickers between them, a promise of something more. Their desire is stronger than any undertow . . . and once it pulls them under, it won’t let go.

SEE YOU AT SUNSET is a friends-to-lovers story, which is always lots of fun. A guy and a gal who’ve known each other for years, but who are now looking at each other in a new light. Throw in a pretty little island in Maine, two people who really, really like each other but have a gazillion excuses for why they can’t be together, and some sexy times on a dock under a star-spangled sky, and you’ve got a recipe for romance.

And the book does have a beautiful cover, which you can now see thanks to Kristan.  But you can also see it on my VK Sykes website in all it’s glory. While you’re doing that, you can read an excerpt and also find info on buy links and retailers. Just click here to see the cover and visit my website.

summershore 2To celebrate the release of SEE YOU AT SUNSET, I’ll give away a copy of the previous book in the series, SUMMER AT THE SHORE. Just leave a comment about what you do when your day goes off the rails. Do you take a deep breath and start over, go for a walk, or pour yourself a big glass of wine? How do you hack a day gone awry? One person who comments will win the book (with the full cover–I promise!).

28 thoughts on “The best laid plans…

1. Amy says:

When something goes wrong, I have tried to incorporate the “Just yell ‘plot twist!’ and move on” idea. But I am not entirely successful with that, but I am trying.

1. That’s always a good strategy, Amy!

2. Laurie Gommermann says:

I like to end my day with a long walk with my husband. We talk or just walk along. It relaxes me. I leave my worries and anger behind. HopefullY!

I read before going to be that’s my escape from everything.

1. Laurie Gommermann says:

OOPS! bed

1. Sounds perfect, Laurie! And very romantic.

3. Beth B. says:

When my day (s) go awry, I take a break, sit down, breath deeply & say a prayer! Then I pick up a book or take a nap & leave the day to do whatever it wants as I do what I want to 🤗

1. That is a great strategy, Beth. I try to remember to say a prayer, too.

4. They ARE beautiful covers, and I don’t know why Jaunty has such a problem with you, Vanessa! (I have my suspicions…unrequited love can get so ugly, you know?) I’ve tried the deep breathing yoga stuff when a day veers off course. It works, at least a little bit. Chocolate, however, works every time.

1. Oh, dear. I just never thought of Jaunty that way. It’s the quills, which I know is simply awful of me.

Maybe I should send him a box of chocolates to calm him down.

So glad we have Kristan around to keep Jaunty in line. Congrats on the new release!

6. Sandi in OH says:

When things go badly, I just remember that things could get worse and then just keep moving forward. Some days I just want to hide under the bed but I figure it would just fall on me.

1. LOL! Sandi, no hiding under the bed for you!!

If I’m at home I like the grab a glass of wine option lol.

1. I am SO down with that, catslady!!

8. girlfromwva says:

love the cover! if my day goes off the rails, i try to redirect myself to something else. if it is really bad, i just go to my reading/computer/craft room and hide out, usually sitting in my chair-and-a-half with my feet on the ottoman. 🙂

1. Always the best plan, bn!

9. Martha Lawson says:

I hate those days at work when it seems like the harder you work the less you can get done!! (I’m a branch librarian in a small town) I just try to roll with the punches and keep a smile on my face because my patrons are VERY important to me. I always make time to read when I am home, usually from 10 pm till 12:30 or so. It relaxes me.

10. Martha Lawson says:

Oh! I meant to say the cover on the new book is very pretty and it sounds awesome..

11. Julie-ann Ford says:

I am not entering because I already own that wonderful book. I go in my room and pick up a book to escape or if I can’t get peace there, I go for a drive.

12. Eileen A-W says:

On days that go wrong I take a deep breath and go for a long walk, weather permitted. Then when I return I curl up with a good book.

13. Dawn A says:

I either read or color.

14. Kate Sparks says:

I sit down and read a few pages…

15. Natasha Persaud says:

Let the shit fly to the ceiling sit back without giving a damn and pop the cork off and pour myself a nice long shot..
    Whenever I’m feeling ready to acknowledge and deal with the problem then I’ll deal with it

16. Anita H. says:

I just take a deep breath and try to gather myself, sometimes I have to leave the room and just be by myself for a few minutes until I feel calm again.

17. Aleen Davis says:

I eat a lot of chocolate! But then again…I always eat a lot of chocolate LOL