Katherine Garbera
Katherine Garbera

Katherine Garbera, Love, Our Books

Bound By A Child Front Cover

Allan McKinney here.  You know–the hero in Kathy’s latest release BOUND BY A CHILD.  :)

I’m in desperate need of some help.  Seriously, it’s Valentine’s Day on Friday and I need a gift that will knock Jessi’s socks off.  I think you should know that she finds big romantic gestures too grand and always says I’m showing off if I offer to fly her to Paris.

I know I need more than red roses and expensive chocolates.  I got some help last week on Twitter and have booked us a nice spa weekend.  But I still need a gift.

What’s the best Valentine’s Day gift/surprise you ever received?  What’s the worst so I know what to avoid?

Kathy will be giving away an electronic copy of Bound By A Child to three randomly chosen blog participants today.  Please, help me.  Jessi will never let me live it down if I screw up our first Valentine’s Day together.

26 thoughts on “Blog Takeover

1. geraldine sadiku says:

Time is the one thing that you can give another person that will mean the most to them

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

AM: Time is a great gift. Guess it’s time to put down the iPhone and get some quality time in. Maybe I can borrow Dec’s yacht and get Jessi away from it all.

2. Kathleen O says:

Well it was actually the day after, my niece had her first baby. We all were waiting on that call on Valentines Day, but it came a day late.

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

That is a lovely Valentine’s Day gift. My son was born the week after Valentine’s day. :)

3. Kristan Higgins says:

Don’t get her a toolbox, Allan. Just sayin’. Diamond earrings, on the other hand…score.

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

AM: What?! No tools…actually I already figured that out when I got her a Dyson vacuum at Christmas. ;)

4. Sue Gorman says:

Allan, buy Jessi a card. Add a sentence or two about how you feel about your first Valentines Day with Jessi and Hannah. Get a nice bottle of wine and flowers for both of your girls.
    Relax! Jessi has your night planned!

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

AM: Sue, wine and flowers I can handle, but talking about my feelings is harder. I’m going to have to really think about this. Great idea. I’m sure she’d love it. :)

5. Mary Anne Landers says:

Thank you, Allan. Here’s some advice from this Anne Landers.

By now you know Jessi pretty well, right? What she likes and dislikes, what excites her and what leaves her cold. So think in terms of that. Not what other guys buy for their significant others. What means a lot to this particular woman?

You should be able to answer that question better than anyone else. Good luck!

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

AM: Thanks, Mary Anne. You’ve given me a lot to think about and I’m going to work hard to make it happen.

6. Karen Johnston says:

That spa weekend sounds pretty nice! ;) Last year my hubby bought me this HUGE bouquet of purple roses (purple is my fave color) and although the flowers were gorgeous, what made my heart skip a beat was the card. Inside the little envelope was an amazon card for a ridiculously large amount. lol It may sound silly, but it was the fact that he realized how much I love to read that meant so much! So just to look for the little things….they mean a lot!

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

AM: Those roses sound awesome. I guess I’ll look for some black ones for Jess. I think I have a plan now that might work. :)

7. Crystal Broyles says:

Best-diamond earrings Worst- a card saying he was too broke to buy anything.

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

Crystal–Your best sounds fabulous. Worst–I get that. Thanks for sharing.

Definitely something sweet and personal. Cook dinner for her or take her to her favorite play. Show her you know what she likes. And, Allan, Jaunty frowns upon blog takeovers, just FYI.

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

AM: Shana–maybe I’ll hire a chef to cook us dinner. Please tell Jaunty I was desperate and needed some advice from the wonderful JQ readers. :)

9. jcp says:

A donation to her favorite charity

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

AM: Great! Done. That was easy and I think she will like it.

10. LauraL says:

I receive a card from my husband every year. He takes the time to pick it out (isn’t always a “Wife” card) and writes a personal note and it is the best gift. My husband is a jeweler, so I’d rather have a personal card and note than jewelry because I know he had to shop somewhere besides his own store! I can’t think of a worst gift, other than some really bad chocolate in a really tacky heart box I received from my high school sweetheart.

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

LauraL; I think that’s the key to a great gift on Valentine’s Day or any other day–just the thought that he went out of his way to get you something and remember you. :)

11. Virginia says:

Its the little things that count to me. Spend time together, go out and eat. My husband cooking a meal would be wonderful for me.

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

Virginia–that sounds really nice. My wish list is pretty much the same. :)

12. Melody May says:

Mr. Allan you should avoid shower heads or a new bedspread. All right wouldn’t mind a bed spread, but it was brown and very masculine. Anyway, you could get her a nice charm bracelet.

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

AM: Melody, that’s a great idea. Hannah threw up on our current bedspread so getting a new one is on the to-do list. A charm bracelet sounds nice too. :)

13. Marcy Shuler says:

Valentine’s Day gift. What’s that? LOL I’ll be lucky if my hubby even remembers it’s a holiday. But to give him some credit…he usually does come home with some candy the next day that he’s gotten for 50% off. ;) You’ve got to love a sale. *gg*

1. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

Marcy–Love it. Sounds like a smart man. :)