I’ve always liked “Where Are They Now” shows and TV segments. It’s fun to see an actor or actress you watched for years but who disappeared from the public eye and catch up on their life now. There’s a few I wonder about and now. For example, whatever happened to Mark Hamill?

mark h

He seemed to rocket to stardom with the Star Wars movies, but whereas Harrison Ford made a career out of acting, Mark Hamill was never more than a blip on the radar. I heard recently he signed to come back for the Star Wars VII movie. Fingers crossed it’s true.

Another actor I loved was Andrew McCarthy. When I looked him up online, it seemed as though he’d been in a lot of films, even recent films. I just hadn’t seen any since maybe Pretty in Pink or Weekend at Bernie’s. I’d like to forget that second one, by the way.

mccarthy

Now let’s talk authors. One of my biggest influences and favorite authors is Marsha Canham. I read all of her books and then she seemed to disappear. But when I checked Amazon and her website, I saw that she does have books in the work and new books on sale. Like so many other authors, the ease of digital publishing has made it possible for us to keep reading her fabulous books.

Elizabeth Elliott was another historical author I adored. I must have read her 1995 release Warlord half a dozen times. When I looked her up for this blog, I saw she also has a new book out—well, newer. In fact, I had it on my Kindle app. One of my readers had told me about it, and I’d bought it and forgot to read it. Guess what I’ve been reading lately?

Finally, whatever happened to Elizabeth A. Vaughn? She was a guest on the Jaunty Quills years ago (February 2007—read the interview here), and I loved her Chronicles of the Warlands series, especially Warprize. She also published another series, but I can’t see that she’s published anything else recently. Anyone know what she’s been up to?

ElizabethPorcupine

Are there any authors you wonder about?

24 thoughts on “Whatever Happened To…?

1. Kristan Higgins says:

Maggie Osborne. I know she retired, but I sure wish she hadn’t. She was one of a kind.

Oh, I agree. She is a legend.

2. Cynthia D'Alba says:

Judith Ivory. I loved her work and then she just disappeared.

Yes, a couple of authors and I were discussing her at a conference a few years ago. Where is she?

1. Cynthia D'Alba says:

All I’ve “heard” is that she had some personal or family “issues” in the mid 2000′s that stopped her from writing. I loved her work because is was so unique to what I usually read in historical romance

3. MJ Fredrick says:

Mark Hamill does lots of voices for video games, according to my son. I loved Marsha Canham, too, and am glad to see she’s still publishing. My favorite is Anita Mills, who I see has reissued her books, but I don’t think has anything new.

That’s what I read about Mark Hamill, MJ. Maybe Anita Mills will put out something new.

4. Carol Cork says:

Charlotte Featherstone is another author whom I haven’t heard anything of recently. Her last publication was Temptation and Twilight, the third book in her Brethren Guardians series, back in June 2012. Has anyone heard what has happened to her?

I haven’t, but I did read some of her books.

5. Lois M. says:

I think I have a couple, but the very first to come to mind is Sari Robins. Definitely was a fan of her books! :)

Lois

I remember her too. I used to know her. I have no idea where she is now. :-(

6. Rochelle says:

Patti Berg. She just sort of disappeared. However, last month on her website, I noticed she is still writing, but not in the same genre.

I suspect a few of the authors who disappeared started writing under another name.

7. Gayle Cochrane says:

Casey Claybourne is an author that I really liked, but stopped writing. She wrote regency, such as Cat and the Countess, Tiger By the Tail.

Does anyone know where Casey Claybourne is?

8. I haven’t heard anything about Patricia Grasso *sigh* I really liked her books.

Oh, yes! I liked her as well.

9. Vanessa Kelly Vanessa Kelly says:

I can’t think of any authors right of the bat who’ve disappeared, Shane. Unfortunately, I can think of a few big mystery authors who I kind of wish would stop writing! I know that’s a horrible and snarky thing to say, but sometimes a series just runs out of steam but continues to go on, and on, and on.

Some of those series do go on and on and on…in all genres.

10. Katharine Ashe says:

Shana, this is a great topic. I adored Emma Jensen’s traditional Regencies.(http://www.amazon.com/Emma-Jensen/e/B001H6Q9GU/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_8?qid=1388184642&sr=8-8) Hers were the first single title Regencies I read way back when single title Regencies weren’t typical, and truly spicy before their time. Then she vanished! I still have all her books on my keeper shelf and wonder if she’s writing under another name now or if she simply stopped writing.

That’s a good question. I think authors do change names. We should write to RT and have them find out for us.

11. Marcy Shuler says:

Jessica Bird wrote category romances and had just started a new Special Edition series in 2007 when she just disappeared.
    *Edit* I just googled her and low and behold that was her maiden name, but she’s also J. R. Ward. Now I have heard of her. LOL She never continued the SE series though. Too bad.

12. Virginia says:

Constance O’Banyon is she retired or has she passed away. I always loved her book and collected all of them. Haven’t heard anything from her is several years.

13. Karen H in NC says:

Danelle Harmon was another author who disappeared for over 10 years. She’s back now and writing again. I love her work and look forward to more good stuff.