Nancy Robards Thompson
Nancy Robards Thompson

Fun, Jaunty Post, Nancy Robards Thompson, shopping

Happy Saturday! Those of you who have been reading the JQ blog for a while might recall my affinity for unusual products. This may not be a Sky Mall review, but since we’re entering the holiday season, I thought I’d share some unique items I’ve come across recently. You might want to take note for those hard-to-buy-for people on your shopping list.

The Ostrich Pillow was designed to help people on the go nap anywhere at any time. Who can argue with that?  http://youtu.be/7wWgGj3gg84

ostrich pillow 2 Ostrich-Pillow-allows-you-to-take-a-nap-anywhere

Poo-Pourri “The before-you-go” bathroom spray. I probably wouldn’t have given this little gem a second glance if I hadn’t stumbled across the following video. I must warn you, it’s a bit crude…but pretty darn funny.  http://youtu.be/ZKLnhuzh9uY

Poo-Pourri

Bed of Nails is a “relaxation” mat with 8,820 non-toxic, 100% recycled, plastic spikes that stimulate acupressure points. The manufacturer claims that with 10-20 minutes of daily use, you can significantly reduce or eliminate conditions such as stress, headache, constipation,  tiredness,  insomnia, tension,  back pain,  muscle aches, and general malaise   http://youtu.be/pKP4pPtvMGg

Bed of nails 2

Bed of nails

No Place Like Home Shoes have a built-in GPS system.  Click your heels together and  the shoes will tell you which direction to go.  The manufacturer says the right shoe measures how close you are to your destination, while the left shoe points you to the direction where you’re supposed to go.  http://youtu.be/j48hVTskZTE

no place like home shoes

I own one of these products. Want to guess which one? I will post my answer tomorrow along with a winner from those who guess. That person will receive a book from my backlist.  So…which one of these crazy products is mine?

36 thoughts on “Let’s Go Shopping…

1. Melody May says:

I’m going to say the bed of nails, because I have been wanting to get one of those things ever since I saw it on Dr. Oz. However, I could be wrong and it could be the poo-pourri. But I’m going to stick with my guess of bed of nails for the win. ;)

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

:):):) Tune in tomorrow Melody May…;)

2. Ada H says:

I’m gonna guess the Ostrich pillow because I’d totally get that one myself LOL That is just awesomesauce!

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Awesomesauce, indeed, Ada H.!

3. Mary Anne Landers says:

Thank you, Nancy. My guess: the GPS shoes. Why? Because they’re a fantasy come true.

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Mary Anne, they really would make you feel like Dorothy, wouldn’t they? :) Just click your heels and go home. <3

1. Mary Anne Landers says:

Yeah, too bad they don’t come encrusted with rubies!

4. Katherine_Garbera Katherine_Garbera says:

I’m not going to guess because I saw the product you own while video chatting with you. :) I love these products.

:):):)

5. marypreston says:

I’m going with THE OSTRICH PILLOW. It would be hilarious.

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Marypreston, I think the ostrich pillow is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in ages. :)

I bet you have the bed of nails. I can’t see you messing your hair up with that pillow.

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Shana, you are a very smart lady. ;)
      Can you imagine…the only thing worse than bed head is ostrich head? At least
      bed head has the potential to be sexy… Ostrich head…?

2. Melody May says:

That’s why I didn’t guess ostrich pillow. Nothing cool about hair making it clear you totally fell asleep at the desk.

7. Kristan Higgins Kristan Higgins says:

Nancy, I bow to your shopping skills! And here I thought my new “really, this works!” anti-sag cream was exciting…

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Stick with me, kid! Think of all the absurd things we’ll discover.

8. Kathleen O says:

I am going with the Ostrich pillow…

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Hehehe! If I don’t own it, I definitely want that one, Kathleen.

9. LSUReader says:

I’m guessing you have a bed of nails relaxation mat…Looks like a winner to me.

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Tune in tomorrow, LSU… ;)

10. Rochelle says:

I’ve seen a few of those products before. The ostrich pillow cracked me up and also fascinated me. I may need one for those 2 o’clock naps I crave everyday.

My guess is you have the acupressure mat. Very sensible.

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Weren’t these funny, Rochelle? Imagine someone wearing the ostrich pillow on the bed of nails. I think they should be sold as a set. ;)

11. Dyan Weissman Carness says:

OMG, I am speechless! This is my first time to this blog and I can’t believe what I have been missing! I am guessing you have the ostrich pillow, since that seems to be the most ‘normal’, and I say that lightly!

Thanks for the laughs!

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Hi, Dyan! Welcome to the JQs! So glad you’ve joined us. We have a lot of fun here. Please come laugh with us often. :)

12. No, no, no! The ostrich pillow makes the claustrophobic-neurotic in me want to scream! :)

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

I don’t know, Kathleen. The introvert in me thinks the ostrich pillow is better than a do-not-disturb sign. ;) I’m thinking it might send a better message than certain plotting retreat hand gestures. ;) Can you imagine?? :o

13. Vanessa Kelly Vanessa Kelly says:

LOL! I love that pillow, Nancy. Practical, and so attractive!

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Vanessa, I have a feeling it may be the newest RWA conference wardrobe trend. ;)

I don’t know which one you have but I like that ostrich pillow/head thing lol. I am a night owl and it’s light in my bedroom way before I want up and I keep breaking those masks and I think that would work perfectly lol.

1. Nancy Robards Thompson Nancy Robards Thompson says:

Catslady, this might be the perfect product for you! :) Let me know if you try it.

15. Victoria Pagh says:

Bed of Nails

Good guess, Victoria! ;)

16. Karen Johnston says:

Im going to say the bed of nails. I anxious to see which one you have! ;)

17. ki pha says:

LOL Should I be laughing at all of these products since one of them is in your possession? Well I choose the Ostrich Pillow. The bed of nails and the poo pourri is high on the list too but….the Ostrich Pillow sounds more revelant.

18. Marcy Shuler says:

I’m going to guess the Ostrich Pillow. LOL But the Poo-Pourri video was funny.

19. Oh my! This have to be the best products ever!
    I’m going with the bed of nails because everyone needs one to help with the relaxation.