I’m very happy to be a guest on this lovely blog today, especially as the timing gives me the chance to talk about one of my favourite subjects – the start of Autumn, or at least the beginning of that particular Autumn feeling in the air. Ok, September’s only just under way and some of you might have mixed feelings about the start of the new term, but there are so many things to celebrate about September, even if it has a certain melancholy tinge to it for some of us. Here are some of the reasons why September makes me smile (and sometimes cry too):
• Chilly evenings and crackling log fires.
• New pencil cases, and all that idea entails; choosing a pack of felt tips, sharp pencils, maybe the odd sparkly gel pen?
• And of course a new shiny notebook to go with the above.
• Crazily beautiful sunsets.
• My new ebook, Sweet Proposal. (Well, it had to have a mention because it’s my first, and this September is the first time I’ve started the term as a real proper writer as well as a teacher, feeling very proud.) It’s got chocolate in it. #just saying.
• Crunchy fallen leaves – coming soon to a park near you.
• The beginning of the end for salad every day – however much you love lettuce, the idea of a big pan of bubbling hot beef stew is definitely appealing.
• New boots. Feeling very tempted to go and have my feet measured at Clarks’ for old times’ sake, but managing to resist so far.
• Dragonflies – they make me sad because they remind me of someone very special who’s not here anymore, but they’re so beautiful that they can be forgiven.
So, it’s over to you – does September make you smile, cry, or a mixture of both, and why?
There’s a £5 Amazon voucher for the best answer from the UK and a $5 Amazon gift card for the best answer from the US…maybe more if they’re super brilliant…