Katherine Garbera
Katherine Garbera

family, Katherine Garbera, Pets

Image You know how some people seem to have a lot of patience and can just take wait for things to happen?  I’m not one of those people.  I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve leaped into something and then had to deal with the fall-out.  But to be honest that doesn’t bother me.  I like the excitement of dealing with all of that stuff.  It’s so much better than sitting around and WAITING!

It’s safe to say that I’m a lot like my Godiva (pictured) in that I’m standing at the door ready for whatever may come my way. I also like to sit in the sun and will do anything for a treat. :)

Cari Chandler, the heroine in my latest release HIS INSTANT HEIR, is the same way.  She can’t stand waiting.  She’ll rush into things headlong rather than sit on the sidelines.  Something that causes her no little amount of trouble once the father of her infant son comes back into her life.

Sure there’s the problem that he and his cousins have just executed a hostile take-over of her family’s gaming company.  But what’s really on her mind is the fact that he’s her baby’s father, he doesn’t know he has a son and she’s not sure he deserves to know.  But her sense of fairness makes her tell him and all sorts of problems ensure.

9780373732623

Now she has to spend time with the one man who loved her and left, her family’s sworn enemy and try not fall for him a second time because this time he might take more than her heart.

Are you good at waiting?  Do you leap before you look like me or are you more cautious?  I’m giving a copy of HIS INSTANT HEIR today to three lucky blog commenters.

34 thoughts on “Waiting…

1. Jan Jackson says:

Hi Kathy, I hate waiting. I am a multi-tasker and always have a book with me to read. I need something to occupy my mind at all times. At present, I am waiting to hear back from a slew of submissions. TORTURE!
    Love your doggie, so cute. Give him or her pets and treats from me.
    Jan

1. Hi Jan!

I think that writing and submitting is the worst. It always seems like we are waiting to hear news. I’m sure you are going to get good news any day now. :)

I gave Godiva an extra treat from you. :)

2. Caro Carson says:

So, I’ve begun and deleted about ten comments on how I’ve learned to be more patient as I’ve gotten older, but you know what? I STILL HATE TO WAIT! :lol: :roll:

1. Caro–I keep hoping I’ll outgrow my impatience but I seem to be getting worse. :)

3. eap says:

I’ve learned to be patient.

1. eap–we need your tips!!! :)

I don’t think I’m good at waiting, but it’s all relative. I am so much better at waiting than a preschooler. I take solace in that. Progress!

1. Thanks for that, Shana. I’m better than a preschooler as well. I no longer have to stand outside the door of the bathroom and talk to my mom. :)

5. Kathleen Kathleen says:

I’m terrible at it. Not algebra-bad, but really, really bad. Sometimes I look at patient people and wonder what has happened to their inner pointlessly-churning tornado. Did they get born without one, lucky people? Or have they found a way to control it?

1. Algebra does sort of set the bar for things that I’m not good at too. :) I’m also not very good at self-control when I have a bag of peanut M & Ms in the house. :)

6. Serenissima says:

Hi,

I am not good at waiting :evil: , but I have learned to do so. Like many, I usually carry a book with me to help pass the time. I have waited numerous times at railway & bus stations and airports…It is so nice to read romance and relax while waiting.

1. Serenissima–what a pretty name you have! I also carry a book too. And if I don’t have one then I just make one up. That’s how I started writing originally. :)

7. Trish says:

It depends on what I’m waiting for. If it’s good news (like a job offer)-need to know NOW. But, dentist, doctors..patience is fine. So long as I have a full charge on my Kindle!

1. Trish–I’m impatient even at the dentist and it’s not like I want to have my teeth cleaned but I just hate waiting. :)

8. This is yet another thing you and I have in common, my friend. I hate to wait. The writing business has taught me ways to cope with my impatience – because in this business waiting is the only constant. Still, it’s not my strongest suit.

1. N–we do have a lot in common. :) I always think of our Tom Petty song when I’m waiting to hear back from anyone.

9. Katherine, I’m TERRIBLE at waiting, unlike my hubby who is much more patient. Guess who’s the one always landing herself in hot water!

1. Vanessa; me too. I always jump and hope the bridge will appear but it doesn’t always. :)

10. Molly says:

I am not good at waiting. I’m impulsive, but I try not to be, because it leads to all sorts of havoc.

1. Molly–impulsive sounds daring and fun much better than impatient. :) I kind of like the chaos that goes with it just going for something.

I think I probably wait more than jump but I don’t do it calmly – I make myself a nervous wreck which really doesn’t work lol.

1. catslady–that is so me. :)

12. CateS says:

I’m always working on being patient… sometimes I’m better at it than others!

1. CateS–I have tried working on it but I haven’t mastered any good skills yet. :)

don’t like to wait

14. Marian the Librarian says:

Funny post! I guess some of us just have to learn the hard way! Your book sounds very intriguing! Personally, I believe that patience, is an ongoing thing, that I am trying to be better at every day. Marian

1. Marian, thanks! Some days it’s so much easier to have patience than others for me. :)

15. sara says:

I am the most impatient person…cute dog

16. Marcy Shuler says:

I can wait if I have to, but it’s not fun. I think that’s why I find I’m using my e-reader more. I can find a book and be reading it within minutes! And my hubby has no clue how many books I’m hoarding that way. Shh…. LOL

17. Kathy, if someone hands me a present or a card, I rip it open then and there. Same with dessert. : )

18. Ada says:

I suck at waiting. It physically hurts me to stop from reacting to something. And my leap before I look has gotten me into troubles many a day, that’s for sure.

19. CrystalGB says:

I am not good at waiting. But, I am very cautious when making decisions.