Pancakes

Contrary to scurrilous rumors circulating around the internet (I’m looking at you, Jaunty), I can assure you that the JQs in attendance at the Romance Writers of America conference are hard at work.  With workshops and meetings to attend, not to mention the very serious business of networking–okay, some of that does take place in the bar–it’ll be a miracle if we’re not all worn to the bone by the end of the conference.

So in order to keep ourselves in top trim, the JQs decided to start the day off right with a healthy breakfast.

Here are Jesse and Mia before their first cup of coffee.

Jesse & Mia

Yeah, things were looking a little grim for a moment there.  But then Mia’s sausages arrived.

Mia and sausage

Unfortunately, on the other side of the table, the caffeine had not yet kicked in for Kristan and Shana.

Shana G

If the photo looks a little murky, it’s because I was so shocked by what I was seeing that I almost dropped my phone.  Fortunately, Robyn calmly took charge and got everyone sorted out.

Robyn

In fact, after several cups of coffee and lots of protein, we were able to get ourselves organized for this:

Jaunty Quills at breakfast

Well, you know what they say–breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially for hungry Quills!

How do you start your day?  Do you drag yourself out of bed, growling at the world until you get that first cup of coffee?  Or do you leap up, ready and raring to go?

19 thoughts on “A Girl’s Got To Eat

1. Sandi in OH says:

This morning I got up in time to shot my cat. Nosy is diabetic and gets an insulin shot at 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. I give the morning shot because I usually get up roaring to go. We work out three mornings a week so this morning it is a nutrigrain bar for breakfast (otherwise it is cereal with a little milk). I will get coffee after I finish walking one mile, doing two miles on the elliptical, and use seven machines. Looks like all of you are having fun.

1. Sandi, you’re so disciplined – good for you!

2. *waves from the lobby* I’m up, I’m up, honest! Though the chemistry of making tea with sugar and half-and-half felt reeeeaalllly challenging. I need caffeine to make my caffeine.

Hey! That was a hug I was giving Kristan! :mrgreen:

1. Yeah, that’s what they all say, Shana!

4. Kathleen OD says:

I was awake very early this morning.. but did not jump out of bed at 4:45am.. I went to the bathroom.. Always the first thing I have to do and then came back to bed and opened up my kindle to the book I am reading… Then I got up later and put on the kettle.. I am just on my second pot of tea having something to eat… that’s about the best of this day.. you don’t want to hear the worst… ;-)

1. LOL! I love that bumper sticker, Mary Anne!

2. Sounds like a good way to ease into the day, Kathleen!

5. Connie Fischer says:

I’ve always been a morning person so getting up is not difficult for me. I am thankful, however, to finally be retired so I don’t have to dance to the tune of the alarm clock in the morning. Instead, I wake up when I’m ready. Coffee is number one on my agenda though and those two cups I have in the morning taste better than anything else ever. I usually just have a bit of fruit for breakfast because I’m not usually hungry for anything else.

Wish I was with all of you lovely ladies at RWA! It has been lots of fun seeing the pictures at blogs and on Facebook. Have a great time and a safe trip back home!

1. Connie, I cherish my morning cups of coffee, too. I rarely have more than two, so I savor them.

I’m a night owl so mornings are never very pretty lol. It’s just me and the cats since my husband leaves very early and they’re very good at keeping secrets lol. I am very often awakened by noisy neighbors or telephone calls – early birds do not respect late risers lol.

1. They certainly don’t, catslady!

7. Kirsten says:

I get up the minute I’m awake, make a cup of tea. Feed my cats & make breakfast. Eat and read a few pages… I am not one of those bright and shiny morning persons. A bit sleepy and grumpy, but when I have had my tea and romance fix … It’s ok :D

1. I like to read the paper and take it slow, Kirsten!

8. Thank you for your post and question, Vanessa. Six days out of seven I have to get to work at 7:30 AM. I wake up at 5:00; cuddle Spartacus, my bedmate (yeah, he’s a cat); fix breakfast, usually oatmeal, farina, or grits, washed down with too much coffee; eat while watching the news on my streaming player; get dressed for work; perform a religious ceremony; hop in my car and drive to work. And that’s it. :x BTW, this discussion brings to mind a bumper sticker: SOME DAYS I WAKE UP GRUMPY. OTHER DAYS I LET HIM SLEEP. Keep up the good work!

9. Brooklyn Ann says:

I’m unable to drink coffee so I need Red Bull to wake up… and if possible I prefer for no one to talk to me for at least the first hour until I am coherent. :)

1. I need a good hour too, Brooklyn Ann!

10. Save your hugs, Shana! That breakfast…that was wicked fun! So great to be with my sistahs!