Katherine Garbera
Katherine Garbera

Jaunty Post

beach_1801871b

Things are certainly heating up around here!  Its summer time and that means lots of fun stuff.    As soon as its acceptable I’m going to be sipping a mojito and going for a dip in the pool.  I’m lying– I live in England, it’s cold and I don’t have a pool!  But that is my favorite way to cool down.

What’s your favorite way to cool down?

I’ve got an advanced copy of HIS INSTANT HEIR my August Desire release to give-away today.

30 thoughts on “Hot, Hot, Hot

1. If I want to cool down, I sure wouldn’t be looking at THAT picture. YUM! :)

A/C and cold water. Best cool downs.

2. Cynthia; I couldn’t resist that picture!!! Something about it just says summer. :)

3. eap says:

ice cream

1. Love ice cream and sorbet!

My favorite way is to stay inside. It is way hot outside. Even Daniel Craig looks hot ;)

1. Staying inside is sometimes all you can do in Texas during the summer. :)

5. CateS says:

Tall glass of lemonade over ice.

1. CateS: Sounds delicious!!

I do the opposite – I have a hot cup of coffee. It works for me lol.

1. catslady; I’ll have to give that a try on the next hot day we have. :)

cold drink

8. Okay, Katherine, that picture did NOT cool me down!! Whew, it sure is hot in here! *fans self*

1. Vanessa–couldn’t resist Daniel Craig yesterday. :)

9. Thank you for your Daniel Craig pic and question, Katherine. I live in Arkansas, where it gets really hot and muggy. To cool down I turn on a fan, eat and drink cold stuff, and/or take a cold shower. And remind myself that someday, somehow, I’ll be able to afford air conditioning. Keep cool, everyone!

1. Mary Anne–my parents house still doesn’t have A/C in very hot Florida. I had forgotten how refreshing a cool shower is on a really hot day. :)

10. Fun post, Kathy! My favorite way to cool down is with a tall glass of iced tea. And I agree with the others who said the Daniel Craig post did NOT help in the cooling process. Thank you for that. ;)

1. I love iced tea as well. My current favorite is a peach flavored one from Celestial Seasonings. :)

11. For me, the best cool down is a dip in the pool….or wherever that picture was taken! Ooohlala!

1. Kathleen–as soon as I figure out where that pic was taken I’ll let you know and we can jet off there. :)

12. Michelle Fidler says:

I live in Ohio. Right now it’s cool and rainy. Hot in the house, unless I open a window. Last week it was hot outside. I cool down by turning on the air conditioner and fan and maybe having a cold drink like a Cherry Coke Zero. I might have some ice cream tonight (Triple Brownie or Chocolate Cookie Crumble). If I really need to wake up I’ll have some hot coffee if the air’s cranked up.

1. Michelle–I’ve never had Chocolate Cookie Crumble but know I will love it.

13. Hubba hubba! Me likey :razz:

Wait … what were we talking about again?

14. Melody May says:

Staying in the house with the AC on.

1. Melody–A/C is the greatest invention isn’t it? :)

15. Xoun J. says:

Definitely not going near the kitchen! It gets ridiculously hot in there when its humid AND when somethings cooking! :shock:

1. I’m a big fan of not cooking when its hot. I tend to make a huge salad on really hot days and call it dinner. :)

16. Anita H. says:

When it’s so hot, I’m definitely staying inside. I’d feel like I’m wilting once I step out into the hot sauna, so I’d rather turn up my air conditioner and be indoors! :lol:

17. Rhonda says:

It’s in the 90s on the wart cost and very humid. My favorite way to cool down is with a tall glass of water and sitting in the air conditioning.