Thanks so much for the opportunity to blog with the JQ’s today!

The Lady Authors—Caroline Linden, Katharine Ashe, Miranda Neville and Maya Rodale—in addition to writing the popular Regency anthology At the Duke’s Wedding are uniting once again to clear up some rumors about romance writers, dukes and the availability of iPhones in the Regency era.

Fact or fiction: Romance writing is a solitary endeavor

The Lady Authors say it isn’t so. We gathered one afternoon over tea and cookies and plotted four novellas that would take place at the same house partyAtTheDukesWedding-Cover celebrating a duke’s wedding. Little ideas like “a lost wedding ring” were spun into complete stories. Then after having drunk all the tea, we proceeded to drink wine and plot some more, finding all the little threads that could be woven into one grand anthology. All I shall say is this: what happens in the stables must stay in the stables.

Fact or Fiction: Dukes make the best heroes

In the hands of Caroline Linden, dukes make excellent heroes. But so do brooding officers with secrets, charming (but forgetful) rogues, and artistically inclined Viscounts harboring a certain lady wedding crasher. At a house party gathered for the wedding of the season, there are plenty of delicious heroes to go around.

Fact or fiction: Miss Helen Grey is the bride to be

Technically Miss Helen Grey is the bride to be. But what of her sister, Mrs. Cleopatra Barrows? Miss Henrietta Black thought she’d be a spinster forever, until that rogue Jack came along. And Miss Roseanne Lacy is expecting a proposal—but not from the man she says yes to. And you won’t believe who invited Miss Angela Cowdry to the wedding and how. Which one of these lovely ladies will marry the duke?

Fact or fiction: There were no iPhones in the Regency era

A certain Miss Cowdry can confirm that there are, indeed, iPhones in the Regency era. However, there is a deplorable lack of cell service.

How would you pass the time at a Regency house party? What mischief would you like to get up to or would you be on your best behavior?

30 thoughts on “Romance Confidential

Now that I know there were iPhones in the Regency, I’d probably spend the whole party trying to find some service so I could check Facebook and twitter!

1. The iPhone owner finds enough diverting pleasures that social media is never once mentioned… ;-)

2. LOL, Shana. Addicted?

2. Mia Marlowe says:

I thought the whole point of a house party was to get into mischief! Yours sounds delicious!

1. I assure you, Mia, that everyone at this house party behaves very well :roll:

3. I would likely spend too much time penning irate missives to the House of Lords over the lack of cellphone service providers. That, or sneak into the duke’s study and get into the cognac.

1. Hint, Vanessa. Try the stables.

2. Oo, the cognac sounds good, Vanessa. I’ll sneak in there with you, okay?

4. Vanessa, I’m with you on that second suggestion! Great, fun post

5. I would make out with Mr. Darcy. Is that an acceptable answer? Lovely having you, ladies! You do us a great honor with your golden presence!

1. Maybe that could be arranged, Kristan ;-)

1. He is MINE. I will steal him away while you guys are fighting over him.

2. Most definitely acceptable.

6. Ooh, I want to join this party! Did someone say handsome stable boys?

1. I think we could arrange that, Jesse. :lol:

I love games so how about some Sping the Bottle lol.

Oh that was “spin” of course lol.

8. So glad the Lady Authors could join us today! I will arm wrestle Kristan for the honor of making out with Mr. Darcy. ;) Won’t that be a spectacle?

9. Marcy Shuler says:

I really, REALLY loved this book! The time travel story was just icing on a lovely regency house party cake.

I think I’d join the gang of white dressed girls because they always seemed to be spying on all the good stuff going on at the party. ;)

1. Thank you so much, Marcy. The White Muslin Crew did seem to have the best time!

2. I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Marcy! We’ll reserve a white muslin gown for you, okay? :razz:

10. CateS says:

I might be changing the name plates on certain bedroom doors!!

1. Clever Cate. Sounds like a splendid idea.

11. RobynDeHart RobynDeHart says:

Listen, y’all can fight over Mr. Darcy. I’ll be in the corner over here with Captain Wentworth. *sigh*

1. When you’re finished with him, Robyn, may I borrow him? Thanks. :lol:

12. Thank you, lovely ladies of the Jaunty Quills, for inviting us to visit you this week!

13. Ann s. says:

I think there would be enough men to flirt with so I could be kept busy.

14. Solveig says:

Not to be blasphemous but I seriously think that I would prefer Trenton Ascot to Mr. Darcy :shock: And oh how I love love love disfigured heroes <3

15. Chiming in late, but enthusiastically, to suggest that perhaps we can simply share Mr. Darcy. Why tear the poor man apart when surely he could handle the lot of us…discreetly, one at a time, of course. :cool: