Today is my first post here at The Jaunty Quills, and I must admit to being pretty excited about that. Initially, I was in a stew about the post, to the point where I worked myself into a mini-anxiety attack. So I did what any sane person does in that sort of situation: I whimpered to one of the other Quills for help. Fortunately, Shana had a great idea. She suggested I introduce myself by telling readers a few things they might not know about me. We all have facts or quirks about ourselves we like to share, right? Here are five of mine!
– In addition to my Regency-set historical romances, I write contemporary romance and romantic suspense with my husband under the pen name of V. K. Sykes. People often ask me how we work so closely together without killing each other. Two words: alcohol, chocolate.
– Although my primary residence is in Ottawa, Canada, hubby and I spend the winter in Florida, in a little cottage by a small lake. As much as I love Canada, I am eternally grateful to have the ability to escape the Great White North for much of the winter. It’s a recurring nightmare of mine that life circumstances will someday change so that I’m forced to spend the winter in Canada and the summer in Florida.
– The first romance novel I ever tried to write was a historical set in the Wild West. It was in first person point of view and was truly awful.
– I could read by the time I was four years old. Sadly, my first grade teacher held that against me, telling me that I was doing it all wrong. Ditto for the fact that I was already starting to write by that age, too.
– I have a new historical romance series coming out in December, called The Renegade Royals. My editor just sent the first cover along this week, and I’d love to share it with you.
Okay, that last fact was a bit of blatant self-promotion, but you have to admit it’s a beautiful cover! I’ve been spending way too much time this week staring at it when I should be writing.
So, what about you? Do you have any secrets or quirks you’d like to share, or a little known fact about yourself? Comment to win one of two copies of my latest V. K. Sykes sports romance, Curveball.