Vanessa

Vanessa doesn’t really need an introduction. She’s blogged here before and has been one of our most popular guests. Vanessa was a natural choice for us when Margo announced she was retiring, and we’re excited to welcome her into the sisterhood!

Vanessa writes Regency romance, and she’s one of my favorite authors. Her debut book, Sex and the Single Earl, won a Maggie Medallion for Best Historical Romance, and My Favorite Countess, was nominated for an RT Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Regency Historical Romance.

Vanessa also writes bestselling contemporary romances with her husband as V.K. Sykes. I figured anyone who can work collaboratively with her husband will have no trouble working with 9 other Jaunty Quills.

Vanessa lives in Ontario, Canada for most of the year, and since Kathyrn Smith retired from the Jaunty Quills, we haven’t had a resident Canadian. Vanessa also lives in Florida for part of the year, which makes it very convenient for us to hang out with her at conferences.

Vanessa has a very successful blog of her own, where she routinely features guest authors. I’ve been there a number of times, and had a great time. She won’t be giving that up, just scaling back a bit, so if you’re a fan, do keep visiting her blog. Vanessa will blog later this month with her own introduction. I can’t wait to learn more about her.

33 thoughts on “Introducing Vanessa Kelly!

1. Welcome, Vanessa! I’m so glad you are part of the Jaunty Quills Sisterhood now!

Kathy

2. Shana, thank you for that wonderful introduction! I’m so THRILLED to be a part of such a fabulous group of writers who also happen to be a fun bunch of gals!! I look forward to lots of interesting and entertaining conversations about life, books, writing, and, of course, good-looking men!

3. Welcome, Vanessa! So glad you’ve joined us!

1. Thanks so much, Nancy!

4. Hiya, Vanessa! Very nice to have you join the gang!

1. Thrilled to be here, Kristin!

5. eap says:

A Mistletoe Bride was one of my favorite reads this year.

1. eap, you just made my day! Thank you!

6. Dalila G. says:

Hi Vanessa!
    Fantastic news, congrats!
    Wishing you loads of fun and adventures here on JQ!!
    All the gals here are super sweet!

1. Thanks, Dalila! You’re a sweetie, too!

7. Vanessa –

Welcome to the Jaunties!! Great to have you here!

1. Thank you, Terri!!

Just wanted to say welcome and it’s always nice to have another Jaunty author – I truly enjoy historicals and I’ve enjoyed your blog!

1. Thank you, catslady! I so appreciate your support!

9. ki pha says:

Woohoo~ Welcome Vanessa! :razz: You’re going to fit just right in.

1. Thanks, ki pha! I’m looking forward to jaunty hijinks!

10. Connie Fischer says:

So glad to see you here on the Jaunty Quills. Such a lovely group of ladies and always so much fun. I know you will enjoy yourself. Welcome and I’m looking forward to chatting with you.

1. I always enjoy chatting with you, Connie!

11. *waves wildly* Hi Vanessa! I’m a big fan, and so looking forward to your posts and new releases!

1. Wow, Jesse! You have totally made my day! So honored to be joining you and the other JQs.

12. Molly R. Moody says:

Hello Vanessa, welcome to the Jaunty Quills group. I love reading your blog and visit this one when I remember it. lol

1. Thanks so much, Molly!

Sorry for the late response. So glad you joined us!

1. Shana, you know how thrilled I am to be part of the Sisterhood. And you also know how much I love your books!

14. Chelsea B. says:

Hey, Vanessa! How awesome! Welcome!

1. Thank you, Chelsea!

15. Marcy Shuler says:

Welcome to the Quills, Vanessa! I look forward to reading your posts. :)

1. Thanks, Marcy! I think it’s going to be fun!

16. CateS says:

Yes!! I can follow you at 2 different places besides FB

1. I’m everywhere, Cate!

17. Eileen Dandashi says:

Hadn’t heard of the jauntyquills and only came over here to welcome Vanessa Kelly, since I know her from her own blog. I like the site and shall continue reading this new blog. These type of sites are great for us to get to know authors. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to meet new authors who enjoy writing Regency Romance.

18. Vanessa says:

Welcome to Jaunty Quills!

19. Michelle Fidler says:

I’ve been to Ontario. Twice I went to Toronto and once I went to Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake, which was a day trip I took on a bus from Toronto. I live in Toledo, Ohio, so it’s not that far (five or six hours to Toronto).

I did see your mistletoe book at the library.