Shana Galen
Shana Galen

Bring a Friend Friday, Historical Romance, Shana Galen

The Jaunty Quills are excited to welcome back New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Sophie Jordan. Her newest release is an historical novella The Earl in My Bed, which is already on sale!

earl in my bed

Keep reading to find out how to win your copy of Sophie’s Lessons from a Scandalous Bride.

Shana: Welcome back! Tell us about The Earl in My Bed. Isn’t this a part of your Forgotten Princesses series?

Sophie Jordan: Yes, it serves as a story to bridge my last book, LESSONS FROM A SCANDALOUS BRIDE, and my next book: HOW TO LOSE A BRIDE IN ONE NIGHT (Annalise’s story – and the last book in my Forgotten Princesses Series).

That said, this is a stand-alone romance. Only novella-length. ;) I always prefer novellas that have their own contained stories. I want a beginning, middle and end. Lots of smexy stuff and, of course, a happily ever after. And that’s what you’ll get with THE EARL IN MY BED.

Shana: Paget, the heroine in The Earl in My Bed, is in love with the hero’s brother at the start of the book. What makes her fall for Jamie?

Sophie Jordan: Much of what drives this story is the forbidden love/can’t be together premise. Annalise and Jamie never got along as children. She was his brother’s best friend. Everyone assumed she would end up marrying Jamie’s brother, Owen. Even she assumed it. Only now, grown up, she begins to question whether she really loves Owen or just the ‘idea’ of them.

When Jamie returns from war before Owen does, sparks fly between them in a way they never did between Annalise and Owen. Except a good brother doesn’t hook up with his brother’s “girlfriend” — past or present. Right? And Annalise certainly doesn’t want to betray Owen either. Yes, cue the angst and misery and longing and explosive-finally-MUST-kiss-her-moment. Naturally, the more they can’t have each other, the more they want each other.

Shana: You just sold a contemporary adult series. Tell us a little bit about it.

Sophie Jordan: Yes!! Yay! I just sold a new adult trilogy. In case you’re unsure what new adult means, it’s basically contemporary romance with a hero and heroine between the ages of 19-24.  The trilogy follows three college suite-mates – each one gets their own book. The first book is called FOREPLAY and it will hit shelves THIS November!

The first book is about a shy, repressed 19 year-old who has been in love with her best friend’s older brother forever. But it’s his last year of college. It’s now or never for her to make something happen. Who better to teach this never-been kissed college sophomore than the hot twenty-four year old bad boy who runs the local college bar and is reputed to have a revolving bedroom door? So – yeah, the title might tip you off. ;) He agrees to teach her some skills at foreplay. No strings attached for either of them. I think you can guess things are not going to be so simple. Plenty of conflict, angst and sexiness abound.

Shana: Will you be writing any more young adult books?

Sophie Jordan: I do have another young adult coming out in early 2014. It’s called Uninvited. It was pitched as the first in a two-book series pitched as The Scarlet Letter meets Minority Report; in which a teen’s perfect world unravels when mandatory genetic profiling reveals she’s a carrier for HTS (Homicidal Tendency Syndrome), otherwise known as the “kill gene” and she’s forced to question herself, her world, and her love.

And what until you see the cover!! It’s AMAZE!

Sophie Jordan2

Shana: Finally, tell us what you have coming next.

Sophie Jordan: Aside of this novella, you can look for my next historical: HOW TO LOSE A BRIDE IN ONE NIGHT, the final Forgotten Princesses book, this August. Here is the fabulous cover … and that might give you some idea of the book. But if not, here’s the summary:

He saved her life…

When Annalise Hadley is tossed over the side of her honeymoon barge, the newly-minted duchess knows she’s been left for dead — for her husband’s only interest is in her vast dowry, not her muddied lineage. However, she didn’t count on a savior. Especially not an honorable, sinfully intriguing earl who will tempt her to risk everything—again.

Now he will seduce her heart and soul

A man with his own demons, Owen Crawford, the reclusive Earl of McDowell, is enchanted by the mysterious, courageous woman he rescued. He will help her heal, teach her to protect herself, and then send her away—so that she’ll never see he’s far from the hero she believes him to be.

But days and nights alone prove that some secrets are meant to be discovered…some desires are too powerful to resist…and some wounds can only be healed by love.

HOW TO LOSE A BRIDE IN ONE NIGHT

AND….You can read the first chapter in the back of The Earl In My Bed – download it for just 1.99!

Readers, now it’s your turn. From Cinderella to Kate Middleton, why do we love stories about princesses so much? One reader who comments will be randomly chosen to win a copy of Sophie’s Lessons from a Scandalous Bride (U.S. only).

And learn more about Sophie (and all her alter egos) at www.sophiejordan.net on Facebook and Twitter (@SoVerySophie).

Buy The Earl in My Bed at Amazon, Barnes & Noble or your favorite online bookstore!

HOW TO LOSE A BRIDE IN ONE NIGHT inside front & stepback

26 thoughts on “Bring a Friend Friday with Bestseller Sophie Jordan

1. Ah, the brother’s best friend! One of my favorite set-ups! So nice to have you here, Sophie! I think I’ve told you what a huge fan my daughter is of your YA books…she’ll be most appreciative of the new adult series, too! Can’t wait to read the new novella…congratulations!

2. Maria says:

I’ve never really thought about this before but I’d have to say that it’s because it sounds like something unreal, like a fantasy that could never happen. Also, it takes a strong hero to look beyond class and money to find true love. I’ve never read a Sophie Jordan book but after reading this post, I plan to.

Maria, you won’t be disappointed!

3. Ebony Morton says:

Wow! !!! I cant wait to read this book! !!!! :)

4. Sandi in OH says:

I like to read about the real royalty and I just carried it over to fictional ones.

Welcome, Sophie! Thanks for stopping by. I think my interest in Duchess Kate is well documented. There’s just something about a princess…

6. Laurie G says:

I admire the eliteness, the pagentry, the upper classness of royalty. There is a mystique, a richness to their lives that we can only fantasize about. I associate castles, wealth and jewels and HEA with princesses.

Best wishes for continued success with your books Sophie!

7. Betty Hamilton says:

We love stories about princesses because they are special people living special lives. When we read the books we project ourselves into their lives and in so doing WE become special!

8. Sophie Jordan says:

I’m so glad to be here again! Thanks for having me. Kristan, I hope your daughter loves the new YA … and the new adult series, too.

Maria, I hope you enjoy the novella … it might be a good place to start with my books. :grin:

Hugs,
    Sophie

9. Karen H in NC says:

I think any avid fan of romance novels will naturally be attracted to real-life princesses because it’s like fiction come to life. I have some of Sophie’s book on my groaning TBR shelves but I haven’t taken the time to read them yet. Really must do so ASAP! Thanks for the giveaway.

10. Maria P says:

We love stories about princesses because they live the lives we can only dream of. They always get the handsome prince & live happily ever after.

11. Ann s. says:

I think it might be the tiaras. I have always wanted sperkly and shiny jewelry. I love make up and all the girly girl stuff. Maybe it is the fantasy aspect of being royalty that we love. I am not sure, but I remember being young and wanting to be Diana and find a prince too.

12. eap says:

It’s an escape from real life

Maybe because we grew up on fairytales. Who wouldn’t want that perfect somebody that was gorgeous, rich and someone that will make all your dream come true! I’ve not read you but this is just the kind of stories that I enjoy still.

14. Alissa says:

I love this series and can’t wait until How to Lose a Bride in One Night!

15. Tracey Galbraith says:

I am liking the novellas! I love a good book, but the novella sometimes is a better fit for my life at the moment! THE EARL IN MY BED was just enough story to whet my appetite for HOW TO LOSE A BRIDE IN ONE NIGHT! …and Sophie, I’m glad you had a great trip to Moscow, and you’re back safely!

16. can’t wait for every one of those releases! But, I swear Jaunty and their guests never sleep (So many books @_@)

17. Chelsea B. says:

Because we all really want to be one :grin:

because they’re different from us

19. Rhonda Jones says:

I’m looking forward to How to Lose a Bride in One Night. In this interview who is Paget? Is Annalise the herione of both books.

20. Terri Brisbin says:

Sophie –

Thanks so much for visiting today. I’m a sucker for great Regency romances, so I’ll look for this and the new one….

21. Liz V. says:

There’s bittersweet Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn, alas offset by the reality of paparazzi and Princess Di and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.

22. Barbara Elness says:

There’s just something so magical about princesses, whether they’re real or fictional, it’s so fun to read about them.

23. Marcy Shuler says:

I think we’re fascinated with princesses because it’s so far from most of our real lives. It’s the fantasy.

24. Eileen Dandashi says:

I suspect because it is so out of the whelm of how we all live. Perhaps it goes back to the Once Upon a Time stories that we all seemed to grow with and loved to hear over and over. I’m reading a story now A KISS AT MIDNIGHT by Eloisa James — about a prince. So there you go!

25. Janie McGaugh says:

I think it’s related to the fairy tales we grew up with.