IMG_4871Writing a book is like going on a trip. I’m sure you’ve heard that before if you’ve ever talked to a writer. And some writers have a GPS and a back-up map and their car is fully serviced and they have snacks and water before they leave on their trip…I’m not that kind of writer.

I’m the writer who wants to go somewhere exciting and packs a bag and then figures the rest out on the way. And my latest book is a bit like that. Its about two people who won’t back down and both are determined to win. Something that you may not know about me is that I’m incredibly stubborn. I’m nice about it so you might not realize that I’m always going to try to get my way, but there it is.

Staci Rowland is like this as well. She’s will back down for a little while and then regroup and come at the same situation again and again until she gets the resolution she wants. She is determined to win Premier Chef (a fictional reality TV cooking show). I’m tempted to digress right now and start talking about my love of Master Chef, but I won’t.

The other thing that was key to me with Staci is that I wanted her to have been tested by life and had her dreams shaken to the core. But I also know that I want her to still have hope and still believe in them.

Remy Cruzel is sexy as hell with his Cajun accent and bad-boy good looks and he knows it. He is used to being in the spotlight and being praised but he’s gotten old enough to recognize that some of those kudos could be because of his family name. Now he’s trying to prove to himself that he’s worthy of all that he’s achieved.

Of course he’s lying about who he is so when Staci falls into his arms and he feels an immediate zing (its a Blaze!) he realizes he’s in trouble. This is one writing rule that I’ve always followed…they come into each other’s lives at the worst possible moment!

But that is the part that my writing-brain really likes.  If the situation seems impossible my old stubborn side comes into play and has to keep at it until I can figure out a way to make it work.

Sizzle BlazeWhat about you?  Are you stubborn?  Do you live with someone who is stubborn?  How do you get things the way you want them?

I have an autographed copy of Sizzle for three lucky blog commenters today!

19 thoughts on “The Journey

Oh, yes, I am stubborn. I don’t think I am, but I have been told otherwise. My husband is equally stubborn. How do I get things done? I try to stick with what I’m good at and let go of the things that don’t matter. Still working on it.

2. Oh yes, I am stubborn but my husband likes to say obstinate…ha ha…it has gotten me through some difficult times. I do know when to give up though because my husband is just as bad…but I have to say I have learned to pick my battles!

3. Liz says:

The older I get, the more I perceive all adults as stubborn. A survival technique, perhaps. Think mother in a face off with child going through the terrible twos. :smile:

4. eli yanti says:

Yes, admit I sometimes so stubborn :oops: but I tried to chance it but sometimes it’s hard too :grin:

5. I don’ think I’m stubborn at all, Kathy. So long as everyone does what I say. ;-)

6. CrystalGB says:

At times I can be stubborn. I try to choose the most important things to not give in and compromise on the small stuff.

7. Oh, yes. I’m stubborn. But like Katherine, I’m mostly nice about it so it doesn’t seem like I’m being stubborn. Mostly.

8. Maria P says:

I am most definitely stubborn! All too many times, if I get an idea or thought, it just sticks with me. In love, too, this stubbornness is present; when I love, it is fiercely and with all my heart. That especially applies to my husband and my nieces and nephews.

9. Lorelei says:

Yes, I am stubborn sometimes but not always,(and I’m nice about it,too) it depends on what I want, but it’s mainly for the benefit of someone else, like my kids. With hubby-forget it- he doesn’t stand a chance, I always win, even when he thinks he won! :cool: (but don’t tell him I said that :P )

10. Serenissima says:

Stubborn? Me? :twisted: I have to admit, that I am sometimes, but not always. But I can give in and compromise as well.

11. Shanah says:

I live with 3 stubborns. My husband and 2 daughters are all stubborn in different ways. It drives me crazy sometimes. I think they all have me under their spells, and while I used to be stubborn, and I still might be, I usually feel too tired to fight the odds of 3 against 1. If I am stubborn, it has been weathered into patience.

12. Melody May says:

I am stubborn. I’m not afraid to admitted, so is my husband. However, he won’t admitted. When I figure out how to get my way I’ll let you know.

Yes, I am stubborn. But, unfortunately, my husband is more stubborn than me so I rarely win. He once told me he’d rather be right than happy – now that’s stubborn!!

A little; do things myself

15. Kimh says:

Congrats on book hot
    my brother is stubborn and procastetaes too we have to yell at him lol
    I’m nit too stbbirun
    great prize thanks
    hve a great week

16. Kathleen Kathleen says:

Too funny–love that you’ll admit your stubbornness without shame! :cool: I think my sister and I were taught to be what I privately call “Southern Stubborn,” which means you just keep smiling and repeating what you want, using different phrasing, until the other person decides he needs to get on with his life, and the easier path is to give in. It’s pretty funny when we’re both firmly entrenched in our SS positions. But because I’m the little sister, I almost always blink first!

The book sounds adorable! And Remy sounds to-die-for!

17. Ann s. says:

I am not really stubborn, I am pretty flexible. I do like people to do what I want, but I take a nice approach. I am nice until you don’t do what I want, lol

18. I’m stubborn. My hubby says I’m bossy, too. The nerve. ;)

19. Ha! Glad to hear I’m not the only one who is stubborn. Kathleen I like the thought of being SS that just sounds better. :) I will be announcing my winners on Sunday.