Katherine Garbera
Katherine Garbera

Jaunty Post, Katherine Garbera

My friend Mimi sent this to me  and I didn’t laugh as she may have intended me to, but instead printed this out and put it on my wall of heroes.  Its kind of a good rule for life too.  But I have to be honest and say when I’m creating heroes I’m looking for men who have this at their core.  And if they are doing one of these things then that guy has a long journey to make himself into a hero.

So the picture says:

Rick Astley’s never going to:

A. Give you Up
B. Let You Down
C. Run Around and  Desert You
D. Make You Cry
E. Say Goodbye
F.Tell a Lie and Hurt You

Sorry to Rick-roll the blog. I’m not really I love this song and have to admit to having purchased it on cassette tape (back in the day!), CD and on iTunes.

What’s the one thing that a guy should never do?

I have a copy of my upcoming Blaze release Sizzle for one lucky commenter today.  I hate to admit it but Remy is doing one of the things that Rick said he’d never do…Tell a lie and hurt you.  But he makes up for it in the end!

18 thoughts on “Never Gonna!

1. Laurie G says:

CHEAT! Trust is essential to any relationship.

1. Thanks everyone for sharing their number thing a guy should never do! I really enjoyed reading them all and also felt a certain validation in my no cheating rule. I just can’t find it in me to forgive that. I’m not judging anyone who can forgive. :)

I’ll be posting my winner on Sunday!

Kathy

PS…off to listen to Rick Astley one more time!

I hate that song, Kathy, but you’re right about the message. I’d never thought about it that way. Good point!

3. eap says:

You look fat in that

4. Polly says:

not admit that he is wrong….makes me crazy when a man (or anyone, but men seem to have a tougher time than woman uttering an apology), won’t/can’t make himself apologize when he’s clearly wrong or lied or is late or said one thing, meant another OR ogled the clothes off a a woman when he’s out with someone else. In my opinion, saying a sincere I’m Sorry equals strength, not weakness and shows that he cares.

5. Rebe says:

Cheating is the one thing that I can’t handle! Although eap makes a strong case – “You look fat in that” is a close second.

6. Maria P says:

I totally agree with Laurie G. I have always told any guy that I was in a relationship with that the one thing I absolutely will not tolerate is cheating! It just violates the whole foundation of trust on which the relationship is built. Lying isn’t much better, but let’s be honest here, ladies, we all lie at one time or another, be it a white lie or a lie of omission. Again, it goes back to trust. My ex husband lied to me about where he was one day, & that, combined with some other lies, led to the beginning of the end of the marriage.

7. Maureen says:

They should never take you for granted.

Never be dishonest which encompasses a lot really. Those that have nothing to hide, hide nothing!

9. Sandi in OH says:

Fortunately, I’ve never heard the song nor the singer. Cheating would be my number 1 thing. He would be gone.

10. Connie Fischer says:

Say something hurtful to the woman he is with especially in front of other people. Putting someone down in front of others is as low as low can be.

cheat on you

12. Great post, Kathy! Cheating is at the top of my never-ever list.

13. Deb says:

I LOVE Rick Astley!!! Used to sing with him in the car, while dusting, just anytime! “Never Gonna Give You Up” has an extended dance version, too.

A guy should never, never, never cheat. Before kicking him to the street, he will be hurting in the private parts!

14. Melody May says:

I would go lie and hurt, because that can apply to some many other things like cheat and so forth.

15. Ann s. says:

A guy should never run around and desert you. I love Rick Astley, I remember singing along with him on the radio.

16. Kimh says:

Like the song
    never lie to you
    hot book and cover thanks
    go niners

17. Lorelei says:

Oh, I loved that song! (Shana may not like me anymore):lol:
    CHEATING! :x I can forgive anything else but that.
    Great post, Kathy!