Katherine Garbera
Katherine Garbera

Bring a Friend Friday, Jaunty Post

A very Jaunty welcome to fellow Blaze Babe, Kira Sinclair.

Who doesn’t want to be fearless? Whether it’s for the adrenaline rush, a sense of accomplishment or to conquer our worst fears, I think we all like to push the envelope now and again. Not every day necessarily, but maybe on special occasions. When I was younger I used to think about going skydiving. Now that I’m grown my attitude has changed a bit. Same thing with roller coasters. The more dangerous and stomach churning they were the more excited I was to ride…until I had kids. Now I only go because my oldest daughter begs me and my husband gets motion sickness. Let me tell you, it changes the experience when you spend the entire ninety seconds with your arm plastered across your child like you’d have the strength to keep her in if the harness fails. I’ve been indoor skydiving, taken a canopy tour and gone zip lining. I enjoyed all of those things and would probably do them again if I had the chance. But I think that’s the extent of my daring.

The hero in my January Blaze – The Risk-Taker – definitely likes to test boundaries and take chances(KG–Yummy!  I think he’d give any guy in Man Wars a run for his money!). Give Gage Harper a challenge and he’ll meet it square on, jumping out of planes, charging head first into danger or protecting his fellow soldiers as bullets spray around them, he’s up for anything. This Army Ranger knows how to keep his cool under difficult circumstances…until he heads home. In Sweetheart, South Carolina all bets are off. Especially when he finds himself unable to cope with a single reporter, the woman who got away.

Hope Rawlings does more than test Gage’s boundaries, she’s pushes all the right buttons. She challenges him and sees beneath all the daring and danger to the man he hides deep inside. She’s always known just who he is, which is why she never let herself fall for him. This time, she doesn’t have a choice. She’s the one risking everything for a man who could leave her devastated when he pushes too far.

What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? Have you jumped out of an airplane? Driven cross-country to meet that special someone? Or are you like me and the closest you get to living on the edge is drinking the milk a few days past the expiration?

I’ll give a signed copy of The Risk-Taker away to one commenter today so don’t be shy, share your most daring moment!

Kira

31 thoughts on “Be Daring…with Friday Friend Kira Sinclair

1. Hey, Kira! Uh, let’s see…risks…um, nope! Can’t think of a single one! I tend to shy away from risking my life. : ) Glad to have you with us here at the JQs! The book sounds delicious (and your cover model definitely is!).

1. Thanks for the welcome, Kristin! I did hit the cover jackpot with him. :-)

Cate, I’ve always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon. Not sure I’d be up for hiking in and out though. I’m impressed that you did it!

Liz, I think that’s a great way to risk. We get to live vicariously through the characters without any of the danger. Sounds like a win/win to me!

2. CateS says:

I agreed to hike into and back out of the Grand Canyon, prior to seeing the Grand Canyon.. dang — it’s a long way down and twice as long climbing out.. pretty much the last time I agreed to doing something without thinking a little about it!

3. Liz says:

Enjoy my risks through books. ;-)

4. Maria P says:

I’m a play-it-safe type of person. Probably the most daring thing that I’ve ever done is go on a few blind dates after I got divorced. The last one paid off, though, because I met my wonderful hubby. My sister actually set us up on it. We were both really nervous & almost didn’t go through with it, but I’m so glad we did! I always tell him that I’d rather live in a grass hut with him than a mansion with someone else. He was truly worth the wait & the risk!

1. Blind dates are the epitome of risk! But with big risk comes big reward :-) I’m so glad it worked out for you guys!

5. Sandi in OH says:

I have ridden in a helicopter and hot air balloons before I was brave enough to fly in a plane. Of course, we crewed for the balloons so the rides were free. I have hiked in Yellowstone Nat’l Park, Grand Tetons, Glacier, Mesa Verda. I’m not especially a risk taker but it was the only way to see the country.

1. Sandi, I love hot air balloons. I used to crew for a balloon rally here in Alabama, but I haven’t had the time in the last few years. For me going up wasn’t difficult at all, but my husband had to force himself. And he loved every minute of it. :-)

I am so NOT daring. I drove without my license the other day. I felt pretty daring then. I mean, what if I’d gone over 30 miles an hour and was pulled over? The horror! Welcome to the JQs!

1. LOL I’m all for traffic safety! Thanks for the warm welcome. :-)

7. Maureen says:

I am not a big risk taker although I do enjoy reading about such characters.

1. Reading about people who are daring means we can live vicariously.

8. Ann s. says:

When I was skiing with a boyfriend once he wanted to do a black diamond run. I was a decent skier, but no expert. I went with him anyway and needless to say I survived, but was so mad because it took me forever and was no fun. That was as daring as I get and I stuck to the intermediate runs from then on. I ski for fun not to see how crazy I can get.

1. Ann, I’m impressed that you ski! We don’t get enough snow here in Bama so I’ve never had the chance to even try. I think hurtling down the side of a mountain on two thin skis takes guts!

9. Terri Brisbin says:

I always think of myself as brave but I must not be! LOL!

The most daring thing I’ve ever done was to travel to Scotland for 3+ weeks on my own – renting a car and driving 2100 miles all over the place – climbing ruins and castles, crawling into tombs and burial cairns, etc.

Thanks for joining us today, Kira! The book looks delicious!

1. I’ve been to Scotland and seen the narrow roads and the trucks who constantly want to press into your lane. I think driving in Scotland is plenty daring! :-)

For me it was taking a horse ride up a mountain in Haiti (I don’t ride). I know I’ve told this story so sorry for repeating but the guides switched horses on me (laughing all the way) and my horse fell!! I could have gone over a mountain but only ended up a bit bruised and a few cuts – good thing I was in my 20′s lol.

1. o_O Yikes! It definitely took guts to keep going after the horse fell. I hope you got to see some beautiful country and it was worth it. :-)

11. JenfromTexas says:

I climbed up part of a volcano in Costa Rica, and the whole time I kept singing in my head “I Hope You Dance” by Leigh Ann Womack, a song about taking chances.

1. I’m fascinated by volcanoes, but don’t live close enough to one to explore. They’re so powerful. I bet that was amazing. And I love that song! I used to sing it to girls when they were little. :-)

1. JenfromTexas says:

Whenever that song comes on the radio, I smile b/c of what it helped me to do. :)

travel by myself

1. Sometimes that’s the best! You get to do exactly what you want exactly when you want to do it. :-)

13. Jane says:

Congrats on the new release, Kira. I can’t say I’ve done anything really daring. I do hope I can be more adventurous.

1. Thanks, Jane! Being daring doesn’t necessarily have to mean dangerous…just taking a chance and trying something new counts too.

14. chey says:

Driving about 18 hours into another country for my first job.

1. Wow, that is daring. Starting a whole new life always takes guts. But it’s so fun to see and experience new things. Congrats!!

15. Welcome, Kira! So glad you could join us today! I’m not the most daring person…I’d say leaving my job to write full-time is the wildest thing I’ve ever done.

1. Thanks for the warm welcome, Nancy! I’d definitely count that as daring. I know how scary it can be to take the safety net away. :-)

16. Kimh says:

Congrats on book whoo hot ,
    driving. On freeway
    thanks forll prize

1. Thanks, Kim! Great to see you here. Driving on some freeways definitely requires nerves of steel. :-)