Hello, gang! I will confess to you that I’ve been up to my eyeballs in revisions lately, and that is a very happy place for me to be, because I love revising SO MUCH! Much more than I love writing the first draft. At any rate, I am slightly brain-dead at the moment and when it came time to blog, I realized to my horror that I can barely remember this past week and stared at the computer screen for 20 minutes before accepting defeat. But if you play my little game, you could win an early copy of THE BEST MAN! How’s that?
And so…five facts about me you may not have known.
1. I have two middle names. This is because I was a preemie with a 50/50 chance of survival, and my mom prayed to the Virgin Mary to save me in exchange for a middle name. The VM came to my rescue, et voila! Two middle names!
2. Kristan Higgins is the name I was born with. I’ve never had another one, as I chose not to change my name when I married my sainted husband. My father had died not too long before I got married, and I have only two Higgins relatives, so I felt much attached to Higgins, despite McIrish having a very lovely last name.
3. For my eleventh birthday, my dad got me a horse named Jenny, a rather wild-hearted Appaloosa. She died when I was 33 years old and is buried in our field. An apple tree marks her grave.
4. The only C I ever got was in art class.
5. I have 25 first cousins, and at one point or another, I babysat for each one of them.
So tell me five things about yourself that aren’t common knowledge, and maybe you’ll win a copy of my new book, the first in the Blue Heron Vineyard series. Thanks for playing!