I know you guys are probably tired of blogs about all the stuff we love about a certain time of year. That’s what the holidays are for, right?
But bear with me.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love the holidays. I mean, I love the holidays. My house looks like the setting for an elf themed TV special. My kitchen smells like gingerbread and love. It’s like holiday heroin over here. Totally addictive and dialed up to level 11.
And that is why I also love January. By the time the new year rolls around, I’m ready for the decorations to go away and my life to return to normal. So here’s my short list of things I lurve about January:
- the visual clutter of the holidays goes back to the garage!
- the kids go back to school!
- I can make soup! (I live in Texas. The soup-making months are few.)
- the pressure of finding, buying, and wrapping gifts is off! (except for all the gifts I ordered from Etsy, which ended up being from Australian and are still en route to my house. Those, I still need to wrap and mail.) And, finally, my favorite reason why I love January:
- Magazines focusing on home organization and weight loss! (I don’t actually buy all those magazine. Or read them. Or exercise or lose weight. But I love that every January the publishers put them out. It reminds me that I am not alone in my struggles. These are things we all worry about. It makes me feel good just knowing that I’m not alone.
So what do you love about January?