Katherine Garbera
Katherine Garbera

Jaunty Post, Katherine Garbera

There have been a lot of lists coming out with favorites from the year. Here is my list of highlights:

Favorite Place I visited:
Venice, food, history, art–really what else is there to say?!

Favorite book I read:
Well, it wasn’t 50 Shades of Grey though that was very good. My favorite book was all the second in the Hunger Games trilogy (I know I should have read them when they came out but finally got around to it!)

Favorite Book I Wrote:
A Case of Kiss and Tell–I just had so much fun writing a heroine was funny and always knew the right thing to say, unlike moi!

Favorite Blog:
Uh, the Jaunty Quills and chatting with all you faithful Jaunty Commenters!

Favorite Thing My Son Said:
You’re right. I am a brat. But since you raised me you only have yourself to blame!

Favorite Thing My Daughter Said:
I’m a geek not a nerd. Geek’s are cool

Favorite Moment With My Husband:
Kissing in a gondola!

What was you favorite moment of 2012?

16 thoughts on “Goodbye 2012, its been swell!

1. Mia Marlowe says:

My favorite moment was a whole collection of moments when we took our daughters and my parents on a Hawaiian cruise. It was the trip of a lifetime.

1. Mia–color me jealous! I have been dying to go to Hawaii for years. Sounds like it was a fabulous trip.

2. governess4hire says:

This year for my daughter’s 14th birthday she requested a purity ring. Her birthday was in July and August was when she started the 9th grade. Over the summer she was also saved and baptized in our small Baptist church. I searched for the perfect purity ring because I knew in my heart how serious she was about standing up for her faith. On her birthday we presented her the ring and she was elated. The ring reads: “I will wait for my beloved.” That night before she went to bed, she came to me and said: “Mom, I just want you to know that I made a promise to God when I put on this ring. No matter how many times I get made fun of for being a virgin, I will not break my promise.” After she went to bed I had myself a good little cry. Although it may not seem like a “favorite moment” to some, it was for me. Every night I pray she finds the perfect man that is worthy enough for her one day. :)

1. How wise your daughter is. Sounds like you raised her right!

My favorite moment of 2012? I think it was 2 days after my daughter’s birthday, when she said she wanted to wear her underwear to school, and then she had NO ACCIDENTS. Now that she is potty trained, it opens up a whole new world of fun camps and helpful child care solutions for me!

1. Shana–I still remember how happy I was when my kids were potty trained. Made life so much easier!

4. Connie Fischer says:

I had a good laugh at your children’s comments. So funny! You gotta love the truth that comes out of the mouth’s of our children.

Choosing a favorite moment of 2012 would be so hard to do as I’ve had a very good moments this year. As a breast cancer survivor, one favorite moment was getting a normal result from my mammogram. As a person addicted to cruises, another moment was sailing off on the cruise we took this year. As a book addict, there were many moments when I held a new book in my hands and began reading. As a mother and a grandmother, I also have many special moments as I observed the children in my life that bring me such pleasure. In that same vein, there were many moments when my husband and I shared lots of laughs together. I love that guy! And last, but not least, there was a very special moment when I adopted a new kitten named Sophie. A new love in my life! It was a very good year.

1. Connie–my kids crack me up all the time. Sounds like you had a very good year! :)

It has to be when our family gave my mom a big 90th birthday party. It was the day after her birthday and the same day my nephew and his wife had their first baby after 3 miscarriages. They missed the party (he was 10 days early) but I’m sure it was the best present for my mom lol.

1. A 90th birthday party would have been on the top of my list too!

6. We had a wonderful vacation this year to Montana, and I think my favorite moment was laughing with the hubby and kids every night at dinner. Oh, and seeing my first-ever moose!

1. I’ve never been to Montana or seen a moose so I’m putting a trip their on my bucket list!

7. Melody May says:

Favorite place: Yellowstone
    Favorite book: I think it will be the Escape Diaries. I just finished. Left a book high.
    Favorite Blog: I can’t limit to one. I love them all.
    All time favorite moment: the month of December. It’s been lucky month. :D

1. Melody-I haven’t read the Escape Diaries, I will have to give them a try. I haven’t been to Yellowstone yet either (putting that on my list after Montana). Hope December continues to be lucky for you.

8. Ann s. says:

Best moment was when we picked my daughters wedding dress. She is getting married next June. We are having such fun planning everything.

1. Oh, I’m so excited for you, AnnS. Mother of the bride!