First let us all take a moment to oooo and ahhh over my new cover. Isn’t it beautiful. It’s been a while since I’ve had a release, but I’ve been bust writing and this book is just the first in 5 new releases I have come in the next 12 months. But first the oggling of the cover.
Okay now that we’re done with that, let’s talk a bit more about A LITTLE BIT WICKED. I have an excerpt on my website that will give you a taste of how the book opens. Here’s the back cover blurb.
Marcus Kincaid has returned to England after a ten-year absence as the Earl of Ashford after his brother’s untimely death. Unfortunately, his younger sister is embroiled in a potential scandal that could ruin her chance at marriage, and his aunt has already called in reinforcements—The Paragon.
Vivian March is known simply as The Paragon. She moves through every circle within Society, smoothing out scandals and stopping gossip in its tracks. Everyone in London knows that if she aligns herself with you, Society will forgive your sins. What they don’t know is that she uses their secrets to cover her own jaded past.
But with every kiss and every touch that Marcus thrusts upon her, Vivian comes to believe life is infinitely more fun when you can be just a little bit wicked…
I thought it might be fun to share with you some interesting tidbits about the book, research, inspiration and whatnot.
1. I kind of borrowed characters from an old book (that will never see the light of day) and resurrected them in this book. At least that was my starting point, but then the characters took on lives of their own and everything changed. The finished product shares only the hero’s occupation with that former book.
2. Back when I wrote that other book I did a ton of research on guided tours and travel during this part of the Victorian era. I came upon the Thomas Cook and Son and the idea snowballed from there. I loved the idea of having a hero have been an adventure guide of sorts and it gave Marcus nice edge with a smidge of danger.
3. I’m really not certain where the whole concept of the scandal cleaner came about. I remember that I was in bed thinking (this is actual plotting work!) and I thought of the name Vivian March and The Paragon and it grew from there. Scandals are so popular in historical romances and I liked the thought of having a character who basically deals with sweeping said scandals under the proverbial rugs.
4. Marcus Kincaid is in my top two favorite heroes I’ve ever written (my other favorite is Fielding Grey from Seduce Me). He’s just so rotten and I love him and how much he’s totally smitten by Vivian.
5. There are two other books scheduled in the Forbidden Love series, A LITTLE BIT SINFUL and A LITTLE BIT SCANDALOUS, both will be out in 2013.
What’s the most interesting tidbit you’ve ever discovered while doing research or reading? I’ll give a copy (digital) of A LITTLE BIT WICKED to one commenter.