Robyn DeHart
Robyn DeHart

Jaunty Post

First let us all take a moment to oooo and ahhh over my new cover. Isn’t it beautiful. It’s been a while since I’ve had a release, but I’ve been bust writing and this book is just the first in 5 new releases I have come in the next 12 months. But first the oggling of the cover.

Okay now that we’re done with that, let’s talk a bit more about A LITTLE BIT WICKED. I have an excerpt on my website that will give you a taste of how the book opens. Here’s the back cover blurb.

Marcus Kincaid has returned to England after a ten-year absence as the Earl of Ashford after his brother’s untimely death. Unfortunately, his younger sister is embroiled in a potential scandal that could ruin her chance at marriage, and his aunt has already called in reinforcements—The Paragon.

Vivian March is known simply as The Paragon. She moves through every circle within Society, smoothing out scandals and stopping gossip in its tracks. Everyone in London knows that if she aligns herself with you, Society will forgive your sins. What they don’t know is that she uses their secrets to cover her own jaded past.

But with every kiss and every touch that Marcus thrusts upon her, Vivian comes to believe life is infinitely more fun when you can be just a little bit wicked…

I thought it might be fun to share with you some interesting tidbits about the book, research, inspiration and whatnot.

1. I kind of borrowed characters from an old book (that will never see the light of day) and resurrected them in this book. At least that was my starting point, but then the characters took on lives of their own and everything changed. The finished product shares only the hero’s occupation with that former book.

2. Back when I wrote that other book I did a ton of research on guided tours and travel during this part of the Victorian era. I came upon the Thomas Cook and Son and the idea snowballed from there. I loved the idea of having a hero have been an adventure guide of sorts and it gave Marcus nice edge with a smidge of danger.

3. I’m really not certain where the whole concept of the scandal cleaner came about. I remember that I was in bed thinking (this is actual plotting work!) and I thought of the name Vivian March and The Paragon and it grew from there. Scandals are so popular in historical romances and I liked the thought of having a character who basically deals with sweeping said scandals under the proverbial rugs.

4. Marcus Kincaid is in my top two favorite heroes I’ve ever written (my other favorite is Fielding Grey from Seduce Me). He’s just so rotten and I love him and how much he’s totally smitten by Vivian.

5. There are two other books scheduled in the Forbidden Love series, A LITTLE BIT SINFUL and A LITTLE BIT SCANDALOUS, both will be out in 2013.

What’s the most interesting tidbit you’ve ever discovered while doing research or reading? I’ll give a copy (digital) of A LITTLE BIT WICKED to one commenter.

16 thoughts on “Robyn gets a little bit wicked…

1. Beebs says:

I was doing a project in college and my chosen subject was Byron. Fascinating!!!

Seriously, it was like reading today’s celebrity scandal papers and most of today’s celebrities couldn’t hold a candle to Byron. ;-)

1. MiaMarlowe MiaMarlowe says:

According to one woman who knew him, Byron was “a dangerous man to know.”

1. Beebs says:

I don’t know about dangerous but he was definitely scandalous :D

2. Hmm. When I was researching TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, I learned an awful lot about the Civil War, including how long it would take to die from a bullet wound to the shoulder. Weird, the things you come across…

Love your new cover and idea, Robyn! Congratulations!

3. Sandi in OH says:

I love the cover and overview of the book. I can’t wait to read it. I went to the courthouse with my sister-in-law to research the family tree. I discovered that my one g-grandmother had been married four times to three different guys..twice to my g-grandfather. They divorced twice. Once because she was seen riding in a buggy with another guy. When I told my father he denied it. His sister told him that it was true. That grandmother died before I was born. I’m sorry I never got to meet her.

4. Cindy Kirk Cindy Kirk says:

I love the idea of a scandal sweeper. It sounds like a fabulous book!

When I was researching THE DOCTOR’S NOT-SO-LITTLE SECRET, I had to do a lot of research on adoption laws, including adoption across state lines and adoption handled by a private attorney. Fascinating but not as interesting as Kristan’s. lol

5. LilMissMolly says:

Hey, Robyn! Loved your first three books!
    I love reading Steve Berry’s books for bits and pieces of history, like the Catholic Church.

Congrats on the book release! When I was writing THE ROGUE PIRATE’S BRIDE, I learned a lot about pirates. The reason they wear the gold earring is to cover burial expenses if they fall overboard and wash ashore. I like writing historicals. I always learn new things.

7. Melody May says:

I love tidbits. However, when I read I might get curious of the things that were written and then I will look up the stuff to see if that happen. Since there is a lot of racing off to Gretna Green in historical romances, so I had to check if that happen and if they still do it. Well, they actually stop the tradition of marrying over an avil around 1946. Which I thought was crazy and cool at the same time.

8. Trisha says:

Here’s a fun one. When my husband’s grandfather passed, they were looking through some old papers. Turns out he had another first name on his birth certificate(Irving). What makes it funnier is that he adopted “Edward” as his name, and his son was “Edward Jr.”, my husband is “Edward III”, & yes, we have an “Edward IV”.

9. Quilt Lady says:

Congrats on your new releases this is awesome news. I do so love the new cover, its beautiful.

10. Ann s. says:

I love the cover, it really catches your eye. I did some research when I received a twenty dollar bill with Hawaii stamped across the entire back of the bill. It turns out the government did that after the Pearl Harbor attack, so if Japan invaded Hawaii all the money stamped Hawaii would be worthless to the Japanese.

information about Freemasons from Dan Brown’s Angels and Demons

12. RobynDeHart RobynDeHart says:

Man, y’all have discovered some interesting things! I love finding out stuff like that.

13. Helen Mckenna says:

Hello Robyn. First of all everytime I try to get on your website it keeps “jumping” back to the top again. Impossible to check anything out. Secondly is your latest book “A Little Bit Wicked” going to be in print. If not,that will be a disappointment as it is another great looking book that I won’t be reading.Regards, Helen

14. Laurie G says:

The Egyptian’s used honey as a contraceptive. Sorry, I can’t remember the book it was in.