Terri Brisbin

Jaunty Post, Terri Brisbin

I confess — I love to play the very-popular app/game – Angry Birds. I love it in all its forms – the original, Seasons, Rio, Space and now STAR WARS!!! Wooohooo! (Bad Piggies – I’m not so sure about yet…..)

Now, I don’t claim that I play well — at best I manage to get a star or two on each level on my own. I do use those ‘walk-through’ apps to help me actually move from level to level….though even that doesn’t help me all the time. But, I try and try again…and again…and again…LOL!

And, really, ever since getting my first iPhone, I’ve been addicted to the apps that are available for them. Game apps, travel apps, navigation apps, news apps, food apps, social networking apps, photo/video apps, and more. Did I mention Disney World apps, too?! Oh yes indeed. If I miss a favorite tv show, I can watch it on the ABC app or Showtime app. If I need to find a restaurant while traveling, there’s an app for that! If I want to buy something on QVC, done!  And I even have an app to find tearooms and tell me how long to brew all kinds of teas….how cool is that?

So, how about you? Do you have a smartphone and apps? Which are your secret, guilty pleasures? And more importantly, what apps can you suggest to me? (and, if you’re ever at a loss for new apps, make sure to check out Free App Alert which lists apps that are free that day….

Terri’s working on a new project – a novella to be in an HQN anthology along with Brenda Joyce and Michelle Willingham, being released in May 2013!! Check out her website for more info about that and everything else about her!  THE HIGHLANDER’S STOLEN TOUCH is still available in print and digital formats – everywhere!

9 thoughts on “Guilty Pleasures: Angry Birds – Oh Yeah!

1. For awhile, I was hooked on Solitaire with my computer. Scrabble, too. Then I changed computers, and the graphics weren’t the same, and the magic died. But it’s all good; I don’t need more distractions!

2. Connie Fischer says:

Hubby has an iPhone and an iPad and if I a really good girl, I get to use his iPad to play a couple of games. (Let it be known that I only have a “Barbie” phone and a first generation Kindle – poor me :cry: ) I love to play games on my computer too. My favorites are Mahjong Solitaire (love, love, love), word search, and something called Every Word which finds words in a string of letters. I’m seriously hoping that not only do these games keep me entertained, but that they will keep the old Alzheimer’s away!

3. Mia Marlowe says:

I have a love/hate relationship with Angry Birds. Does it bother anyone else that this game invites us to smash crosses and flags with Christian symbols on them along with the evil pigs? It’s subtle, but it’s there.

Well, I like my app…

I don’t really play games. I use the Facebook, Twitter, Kindle, and weather apps the most.

5. Terri Brisbin says:

Mia –

Hmmmm — clearly never noticed that….

Terri

6. CateS says:

I just have a flip phone… but friends of mine have them and have realized that their internet, cell phone and land line is costing them more than $300 a month..

I’m afraid I don’t have an iphone but maybe that’s a good thing because I get very addicted to games. Two of my favorites are Bejeweled and Words with Friends but I play many more lol.

8. I have never played Angry Birds (thank God I’ve never tried it). I tend to be easily addicted to stupid computer games, and the one I like best is called “Bubbles” I think. It looks pretty obvious at first, but then you realize there’s quite a strategy to getting a high score. Not that I need any distractions when I’m working! But that’s what I do when the words just aren’t coming. I’ll play a bubble and sometimes inspiration will strike when my brain isn’t concentrating on my work. (At least, that’s what I tell myself!)

9. LilMissMolly says:

The app I just can’t live without right now is Home Library. I’m also addicted to pocket frogs. And, had to laugh with your picture of Star Wars Angry Birds – as I bought it over the week-end. :roll: