Today, I want to play a game called fifteen firsts. Please play along by answering the questions and posting them below. My answers are listed below:
1. What was your FIRST job?
I worked in a department store. I was a ‘flyer,’ and I filled in where they needed me.
2. What was your FIRST car?
A ‘70s yellow VW Bug (it had no AC and a faulty clutch that I constantly had to keep fixing, but I loved it because my friends called it the “Yellow Submarine.”
3. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Sadly, no. I haven’t seen him in ages.
4. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
My Dad loves to tell the story of when I was two and I upended my mother’s champagne glass when they were doing a tasting at G.H. Mumm Champage in France. I suppose that would account for my love of bubbly!
5. What is the FIRST thing you do when you get home?
Take off my jewelry! For some reason, I must undecorate myself when I get home.
6. Where did you go on your FIRST ride in an airplane?
I can’t remember, but it was probably to France. We moved there when I was a baby. Moved to the UK and then returned to the states when I was about five or so.
7. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
Rodney Simpkins – we lived nextdoor to each other. I’m sad to say I haven’t seen him in years.
8. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Got up, fell out of bed, I dragged a comb across my head… Oh, wait, that’s a Beatles tune. I brusehd my teeth and then turned on the computer.
9. FIRST tattoo?
From a crackerjack box
10. FIRST piercing?
Ears – I was probably in 6th grade or so…
11. FIRST foreign country you went to?
12. Did you marry the FIRST person who asked for your hand in marriage?
13. What were the FIRST lessons you ever took?
Ballet… my unrequited love. I’ve always been a ballerina at heart. <sigh>
14. What is your FIRST memory?
I remember playing in the sandbox in the back yard of our house in England. Though, truthfully, I’m not sure if I actually remember it or if I’m conjuring it from old photos and stories my parents told me.
15. FIRST published book?
REINVENTING OLIVIA – 2003