Janette Kenny

Janette Kenny

I put a lot of thought into the endings of my novels.  In a romance, the last scene should wrap up the final loose thread.  The enemy is vanquished, even if that enemy is nothing more than a character’s worst fears.

It leaves no doubt in the reader’s mind that these two people—the hero and heroine—belong together for all time.  It leaves us feeling good, perhaps tearfully so.  It lets us believe that despite the obstacles, true love prevails.

I get that and though writing is work, endings tend to be organic and grow out of the story.

But I’ve come to an ending that I have grappled with for a week—how do I say goodbye to the Sisterhood of the Jaunty Quills blog and its readers, some who have followed me all over the web?  Even harder, how do I part with the women who have become my virtual sisters?

Not easily, even though it was my choice to leave the Jaunty Quills. I was a fan of the Jaunty Quills from its start.  When I was asked to join them, I was elated.  I’m still proud to be a Quill on my last blog. But since Christmas it’s been a chore for me to keep up my obligation and promise to give you, the reader, an interesting blog.

My schedule is so crammed with a day job, writing and life that I knew I had to trim anything that stole time from my own writing obligations and from my personal life.  Regular blogging was one of the things that I realized must go.

Thanks to the readers for following me.  I deeply appreciate you and hope to keep in contact, whether on my website blog or Facebook.  My next book from Harlequin, Taking Back What He’s Owed, will release in November.

To my sister Quills—Elise, Catherine, Cindy, Emily, Katherine, Kristan, Nancy, Robyn, Shana, and Terri.  I wish you all the success and happiness in the world and I hope our paths cross many times the future.  You guys are the very best!

Hugs to all,

Janette

14 thoughts on “Saying goodbye

1. Janette–I’m so sad to see you go. I’ve enjoyed all of your blog posts but more than that I’ve enjoyed getting to know you. Please take good care. I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other around the romance writing world.

I’m going to miss your blogs and your posts on our private loop. But once a JQ, always a JQ! We will catch up at conferences and definitely stay in touch! And I expect to see you back here in November to talk about TAKING BACK WHAT HE’S OWED.

3. Emily McKay says:

Jan, I’m so sorry to see you go!

4. CateS says:

I’ve enjoyed your blogs… if you get the urge… drop in and guest blog…. especially when you release any new books…

5. Molly says:

Sometimes we all need to say no (or goodbye) to extra obligations. You will be missed.

6. Catherine Kean says:

Jan, I’m sending you a great big cyber hug! :) We will miss you at the blog, but I hope you will stop by now and again and let us know how things are going. Take care, and very best wishes to you.

7. Cindy Kirk Cindy Kirk says:

Jan,

You will be soooo missed. Cate’s suggestion is a good one. Come back and guest blog any time.

Hugs!

Sorry to see you go but I wish you all the best.

9. Thanks everyone, especially my JQ sisters. It’s so sad to leave a place I loved, but I must. It’s just good to know I can come back to visit. Shana, I’ll take you up on that guest. Log spot in Novemeber. :)

10. Quilt Lady says:

We will miss you but we do understand that sometimes life just gets in the way and something have to be given up. Take care!!!!

11. Jan, We’re going to miss you so much. I’m not going to say goodbye, just farewell.

12. Great luck to you, Jan, in writing and all things! We’ll miss you so!

13. Thanks! Nancy, I like that just saying farewell for now. Hope to see the JQs in
    Anaheim!

14. RobynDeHart RobynDeHart says:

We’ll miss you so much, Jan. Hope you visit us often.