Elise Rome

Guess the Jaunty

Hi, everyone! I believe this doesn’t come as a surprise to most of you (you intelligent women with superb detective skills, you). :)

I am so thrilled to be part of this amazing group, and of course a hundred times more thrilled to be able to get up close and personal with Jaunty P. Quills, Porcupine Extraordinaire (*whispers* he blackmailed me to say that…and no, I can’t tell you what he blackmailed me with).

I know many of you through my various visits around the blogosphere and through social media (*waves wildly*), and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you as a regular contributor here on the blog.

But now, it’s time for the announcement of prizes! Thanks so much to everyone for participating in the Guess the Jaunty contest! As you know, there were two prizes to be won:

1)      12 signed books (one from each of the Jaunties!) to a random commenter who correctly guessed my identity.

2)      A $50 gift certificate to an online bookstore to a random commenter who made any guess.

And now for the winners’ names:

The winner of the 12 signed books is: Sonali N.!

The winner of the $50 gift certificate is: Deborah R.!

Congratulations to the both of you; you should receive an email from me soon!

Again, thanks to everyone who participated! Since so many of you guessed my identity correctly, I’d love to know what gave it away. Was it my debonair personality that can barely be restrained by such a cloak of mystery? My almost-too-obvious profile picture above that showed the distinguished contours of my image? ;) As I included multiple points of trivia as hints about my identity during the contest, I’d love to know a piece of trivia about you. :)

25 thoughts on “The New Jaunty Quill is… Ashley March!

1. Kathryn in Montreal says:

Welcome Ashley! Regular trivia about me… I’m left-handed, love to quilt, read and garden, I’m proudly Canadian and my favourite colour is purple. Weird trivia… when eating little candies (Smarties, jelly beans, etc) or nuts and stuff, I have to put an even number in my mouth…it’s all about balance!

Welcome, Ashley! We are thrilled to have you as part of the JQs!

3. Jaunty Quills Jaunty Quills says:

What? I did not blackmail you. It was a teeny, weeny bribe. Hardly the same thing. In any case, welcome to my blog, Ashley.

4. Dalila G. says:

WOOT !! Big congrats to Sonali N. and Deborah R.!!

Welcome Ashley, JQ’s is a great place!

Congrats to the winners. And a big welcome, Ashley!

6. Barbara Elness says:

Congrats to the winners and glad to see you here Ashley.

A bit of trivia for me – Halloween is my favorite holiday, I love cheese, and I usually have pumpkin pie instead of cake for my birthday (Nov 1).

7. Terri Brisbin says:

Welcome to the Jaunty Quills, Ashley!

Whew – I’m so glad the secret is out because I’ve nearly slipped up a bunch of times….!

So, welcome!

Terri

8. Yay for it being Ashley! So excited that you are part of the Jaunty’s! Some trivia about me…I once won a hula hoop contest and I’m obsessed with Titanic.

9. Ashley March says:

Hi Kathryn! Thanks so much for the warm welcome. =) I love that you’re left-handed–some of the coolest people I know are. =) As for putting an even number of candies in your mouth, that’s definitely something I’ve never heard of before. But since I can’t let any of the food on my plate touch, I guess I have food obsessions, too. ;)

10. Ashley March says:

Thank you, Shane! =)

11. Ashley March says:

Ha! A bribe, Jaunty? If you think I’d accept a bribe from a porcupine, then you…. you…. yeah, you might be right. ;)

12. Ashley March says:

Hi Dalila! Thanks for the great welcome. =) Looking forward to seeing you around!

13. Ashley March says:

Hi catslady! =) Thanks so much! I love having another place around the blogosphere to see you! =)

14. Ashley March says:

Hi Barbara! I think we’d get along really well in real life. =) 1) I love Halloween candy; 2) when I was little my brother and I would eat grated cheddar cheese straight from the bowl; and 3) I’d rather have pumpkin pie than any other kind of pie during the holidays. =)

15. Ashley March says:

Hi Danielle! So glad to see you here, too! =) Oh, I could never hula hoop–I think it’s the same problem I have with dancing. No rhythm or ability to move my hips. ;) Are you obsessed with the Titanic story or the Titanic movie (and don’t you love Leo?) =)

16. Na says:

Congratulations to the winners! Oh so lucky :)
    I guessed Ashley on my second try. At first I wasn’t sure because Ashley was already guest blogging on another blog, but then when she said she once guest posted here last October I did some hunting and found she was the only (and who matched the clues).

Welcome to the sisterhood Ashley!

17. Sonali N says:

OH WOW!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for selecting me as your winner. Ashley welcome to the sisterhood!!

18. Welcome to the Quills, Ashley! So glad that you’re here with us, :)

19. @Ashley-What’s funny about the hula-hooping, I can’t do it anymore. I try and it just falls to the ground.

As for the Titanic, I’ve actually been fascinated with it for as long as I can remember. So naturally I LOVE the movie. I have seen it way over 100 times. But honestly, I’ve watched numerous documentaries and I’ve been to the Titanic Exhibit. I’m just fascinated with it.

20. Ashley March says:

Hi Na! Lol…when I gave that hint I didn’t even realize I was the only guest last October. Thanks so much for the warm welcome! =)

21. Ashley March says:

Thank you, Sonali, and congratulations again! =)

22. Ashley March says:

Thanks so much, Janette! =)

23. Ashley March says:

Danielle: is the Titanic exhibit the one where you get a ticket that tells you your name and what class of passenger you are, then at the end you get to see whether you lived or died? If so, it came to a museum in Denver a few years ago. A lot of fun (and out of our group, I was the only one who survived). =)

24. Ashley March says:

Eh, I just realized that didn’t sound very nice to the people who actually died on the Titanic. But hopefully you know what I mean. =)